While Hyuga continued weaving the (h/c) locks of the triple threat's hair, he immediately took notice of her silence. Usually, she'd be going on about something completely random, humming to herself, or going over game plans. But, nope. Not a single word. Well, considering what Kagami had told them all when he had finally shown up, he could understand that she had a lot on her mind.

All the tiger really said was that she had been completely freaked out by Akashi, and it was a lot worse than what it was with Aomine. Unfortunately, there wasn't much more than that. (Y/N) hadn't really revealed anything that the ruby haired captain had said to her. And the second year captain didn't want to bring anything up from the past if she wasn't exactly comfortable talking about it. But he did have something to say that he wanted her to know as he tied a hair tie on the end of the braid he had just finished.

"Hey," the girl heard Hyuga's gruff voice call out from behind her.

Before she could turn her head around to respond, the triple threat soon felt the captain's arms go around her shoulders and neck, pulling her back to where the glasses wearing second year's chin rested on the crown of her head as he hugged her close.

Okay, so this was newwwwww. For those who knew Junpei Hyuga, they knew he wasn't one to be affectionate. At all, take it from Kiyoshi. The captain used his hands more for smacking people rather than hugging. But it seemed like this just goes to show how much she had grown on him over the years. She had special privileges. Even (Y/N) was caught off guard by this as she sat there in the captain's arms for a second, trying to process what was going on.

But Hyuga had a good reason for suddenly doing this. Because like he had said before, he knew her a whole lot better than she realized at times.

"We've always got your back, Kiddo. No matter what. And don't you ever forget that," the glasses wearing captain wanted her to hear him loud and clear.

That's what friends and teammates were for. They always had each other's backs, they were there for each other when something was happening. And the triple threat was always there for everyone and always did what she could to help and to make sure that her friends had a smile on their faces. She had done more than she would ever know, so of course, they were going to do the same in return. No matter what happened or what would happen, Seirin would be there for her. The captain could say that with confidence.

Even if she already knew that with all her heart, (Y/N)'s wide-eyed expression when she heard that spoke more words. She'll admit, she sometimes forgot they she had multiple people to lean on when she was having a rough time. Though, she was getting better with doing so the older she got. It was a lot worse when she was younger, trust her on that. The triple threat soon let out a smile as she kind of snuggled in Hyuga's arms just a little bit, feeling him hold her even closer.

Although, the glasses wearing boy should've known that this moment wouldn't last long since he was doing it in front of the whole team. And you can only guess who was starting to show his jealousy a little bit as his cat faced self started making his way over to the duo.

"Are we doing pre-game hugs? I want in!" Koganei suddenly announced as he began trying to get in on the hug fest.

Of course, why was Hyuga even surprised? Well, he got to her first, so he got hugs first. But Koganei would argue that first is the worst and second is the best. So therefore, with that logic, the cat faced second year was subject to receive hugs from the triple threat next. She was his little buddy, cheer buddy, hug buddy, so by that law, he was required to receive hugs from her.

(Y/N) soon began giggling in Hyuga's embrace while grabbing the cat faced second year's hands. And Koganei certainly wasn't the only who wanted some of the tall girl's famous hugs.