Basket 7

Third POV

"You ain't never dealt with a triple threat like her before."

Those words rang in Dad's head as (Y/N) stared back at his shocked expression. Her (e/c) eyes were burning with such fire, what in the world did he just see?

So, this was the Triple Threat of the Generation of Miracles, not just some pretty girl who was good at basketball. The exchange student had heard the stories from all around, but to actually be playing against her was something else entirely.

"Come on. Let's get them back with a basket of our own!" Tanimura called out as he caught the ball.

But the captain of Shinkyo was on edge too. Seirin had a deadly weapon on their side, but that didn't mean that their victory was sealed. Plan of action, try and keep the ball away from the girl. Tanimura threw the ball to an awaiting teammate, but she had already caught up to the ball.

With one glance of her target, (Y/N) smacked the ball, misdirecting it into Kagami's grasp, the tiger making a powerful dunk of his own. Tanimura and Dad were shocked that such a new team was so strong.

Even the crowd was speechless. It was such a quick point gain that if one would have blinked, they would've missed it. With the four starters running back, it was clear to the others that Kuroko was getting fired up, and (Y/N) too. Hyuga couldn't help but to smirk as he ran beside Kagami.

"Has him being treated like a kid really made him that upset?" The captain wondered out loud.

"Yeah, I guess so. Not only that, but I think he struck a nerve in (Y/N) too," The tiger observed.

Hearing the conversation going on behind her, the girl turned around, now running backwards, a slightly annoyed expression on her face.

"Just a little. I don't take crap from people when they haven't even played against us," she grumbled, getting into position, ready to defend with all that she had.

Hyuga and Kagami both smirked, knowing she had taken the words right out of their mouths. And the captain knew very well from the past that if you ever talk down upon those she held close, the Triple Threat Beast was gonna get even. It was slightly terrifying. The glasses wearing second year knew she had a clutch time personality underneath all of that sunshine.

As the whistle blew for the end of the first quarter, the score now 8-23 for Seirin, the starters sat on the bench, refueling from the first round of attack. Now that she knew more about Kuroko's play style, Riko crouched down in front in order to go over their next plan of attack.

"Kuroko, you've got a time limit, so we're swapping you out. Since we're gonna have to start reserving Kuroko's strength, we'll unfortunately lose some offensive power during the mid-game," The brunette explained.

While she heard her cousin talking, (Y/N) only looked towards their opponents, her mind racing all over the place with plans so that the gap wouldn't close between Shinkyo and Seirin.

Looking over at the girl, Kuroko saw a gleam of light flash over her eyes. And that put a small smile on the phantom's face. She had a plan. No matter what came her way, (Y/N) could always adapt to whatever position she was put in.

"So most of this will depend on how much Kagami can keep Dad contained and how much power our own little triple threat can give out. You got that?" The coach asked the two players.

With a confident smirk on his face, Kagami already had his answer.

"Yeah, just leave it all to me."

"(Y/N)?" Riko called out to her cousin as the taller girl stood up.