Basket 31

Third POV

Today was finally it. The final day of the Winter Cup Preliminaries. These games would determine which two teams would be going to the nation wide competition. And naturally, that attracted other teams from around Tokyo. Just outside the building as they made their arrival, onlookers watched as the Touou Academy starting players entered the gym...with Susa dragging a giant bag.

A giant bag that looked to be moving and talking...strange.

Down on the courts, Seirin was just beginning their warmups, chanting 'let's go!' as each of the starters grabbed a ball, practicing layups, dunks, and three pointers. Stepping off to the side to sit down and stretch a little bit once she had felt satisfied with her baskets, (Y/N) got into a middle splits position, leaning from one side to the other, grabbing her feet, and holding it for a couple of seconds.

Releasing each stretch after a couple of seconds, the triple threat sat back up and noticed that her phone had lit up from its spot on top of her bag. Grabbing it and looking at the screen, the tall girl noticed that Masaru had sent her a picture. Oh lordy, what chaos was he up to now?

Arching an eyebrow, the (h/c) haired girl unlocked her phone only to be met with a picture of her younger cousin taking a selfie with a big smile and a thumbs up. In the background where he was pointing his camera, the triple threat saw that the other starters from Touou along with Momoi were with him. But it was the large purple bag that intrigued her. The message written below gave more context to the situation.

'We have successfully captured Aomine!!'

"Oh my gosh," (Y/N) snorted as she covered her smile with the back of her hand.

Oh, this was what she needed right now as the girl tried not to snort or break out in a full on laugh. Masaru, your comedy mission was a success. It definitely took away some of the girl's tension, especially considering who Seirin's opponents were.

Up in the bleachers, the Touou starters had finally made their appearance as their captain let out a satisfied sigh.

"Looks like we made it just in time," Imayoshi smiled, taking in the nearly full gymnasium.

Now it was time to release their 'kidnapped' victim. The pink haired girl was the one who took on that responsibility.

"Okay, we're here now," Momoi told Aomine as she untied the knot keeping the bag together.

The dark purple fabric soon fell around the miracle ace as he sat there, looking a little more than displeased as he scratched the back of his head.

"Come on, that was a real dirty trick ya pulled," Aomine complained, thinking back to how he had ended up in this situation.

"You're the stupid one who fell for it, Aomine," Imayoshi reminded the navy haired boy.

"Yeah, you're easier to catch than a sparrow," the ace's childhood friend added on.

What was that brilliant plan to catch the miracle ace many may ask? It wasn't as complicated as you may think. All the Touou team needed was a basket and a swimsuit model magazine. Aomine was just casually walking, spotted the magazine, bent down to pick it up, and that's when the trigger was pulled.

The miracle ace was soon trapped in the basket and dragged here to the gym like a sack of potatoes. But that's not even what Aomine was mad about.

"This isn't even Mai Horikita, it's Mako Horiuchi, dumbass!" The ace yelled as he held up the magazine used as bait.

Oh, Aomine and his tastes. His very perverted tastes.

"So? What's the big deal? They're both cute, who cares?" The glasses wearing captain asked, really seeing nothing wrong since he had caught the navy haired sneaking so many of those Mai Horikita magazines onto the campus of their school.