Basket 20

Third POV

"No, move it over a little more!"

"Well, I don't want her to get hit by a stray ball!"

What were the Seirin boys up to this time some may ask? Why, they were getting ready to welcome back their sole female player after she had been out of school for the past few weeks following her horrific encounter with Okami, who was now in juvenile detention for his actions.

They hadn't yet seen her that day, so before practice, the boys decided to give her their own little gift since she wouldn't be playing for a while. Izuki, Koganei, Tsuchida, and Mitobe were decorating a chair to make it comfy enough for her since she'd be spending a lot of time sitting down, putting different colored cushions on it along with some stuffed animals. Furihata, Kiyoshi, and Kawahara were working on hanging a banner that said 'Welcome Back, (Y/N)!' with different drawings and the boys' signatures and notes.

"There! All done!" Fukuda let out as he stood back, looking at his work as Riko and Hyuga made their way into the gym.

Kagami and Kuroko were the only ones missing at this point, since they were helping (Y/N) move around the school. That left the rest of the boys to look on at Fukuda's little project. It was safe to say that it raised some eyebrows, since it was basically a large plank of wood covering the stairs that led into the gym.

"What's that for, Fukuda?" Furihata was the first to question his friend's little art project.

"What does it look like? Now, (Y/N) won't have to worry about standing and walking to go up and down the stairs. All she has to do is slide down," the proud first year explained as he slid down the makeshift slide with his arms up like a little kid.

At first, the others were in awe at the hard work put into the makeshift slide, with it getting Koganei's stamp of approval as he tested it out as well. But...Riko didn't look so impressed.

"Guys?" She called out to get everyone's attention.

Crossing her arms, the others saw a pretty unamused look on her face as she stood in the gym.

"She's on crutches," the coach stated in a matter of fact tone of voice.

Of course, the first year had assumed she'd be in a wheelchair, being as that her ankle was broken and her other leg wasn't in the best shape either. Heck, he'd want to be in a wheelchair. But, the long haired girl was also very stubborn, so at the same time, that wasn't really a surprising revelation.

But Fukuda worked so hard! So, he was now sitting in the corner, a dark aura surrounding him as Furihata and Kawahara patted his back, telling him that he tried his best. Shaking her head at the boys' actions, everyone then heard another door opening from a different part of the gym. Looking over, the team saw three familiar figures at they made their way into the building.

"Hey! There she is! There's our best girl!" Koganei announced as he rushed over to the terrific trio.

More so to (Y/N) as Kuroko helped her get over a little platform while Kagami held the door open for them. Letting out a smile, the (h/c) haired girl tucked a crutch under her arm and wrapped it around the cat faced boy's torso as he came over to give her a gentle hug.

Oh, she needed this so much. School was just draining, but luckily, her teachers understood her situation and allowed her to be excused from some assignments, as well as wear some comfortable pants instead of her usual uniform skirt and capris. But this, being back with the team was what the girl needed and wanted.

Just as she and Koganei pulled away from each other, Riko quickly got in front of the group before anyone else could even get to her cousin. She had a very important question that simply couldn't wait any longer.