Chapter 5: Valid point

Start from the beginning

"Slow." Dean replies.

"Vivian said she'd stop by later." Alexis tells him.

"Hmm." Dean hum.

"You seem a little distracted, Dean? You okay?" Alexis asks.

"Yeah, just paranoid." Dean turns to face her.

"I know." Alexis nods as Madilyn releases her hand, moving toward an open box.

"What if something come for us again?" Dean asks. "I'm trying to keep us safe, but I can't predict these things."

Alexis walked up to him, pulling him into a hug. "We'll be fine, Dean."

Dean's arms went around her as he sighs. "Yeah, we will."

Madilyn laughs, grabbing the two's attention. They turn to see her leaning into the box. "What did you find, Maddie?" Alexis asks, walking toward her. "Whoa." Alexis lifted her up. "You can't have that." She took the knife from Madilyn.

~~~

Dean raised the phone to his ear. "Sam?"

"What's going on?" Alexis asks.

"I need your help. Now." Sam tells him.

"What's wrong?" Dean asks.

"I'm working this job."

"Dude." Dean sighs.

"Look, I just need you with me on this." Sam insists.

"I'm out. I'm staying out." Dean explains as he pours salt on the window seal.

"Make an exception."

"For what?"

"Look, I'm 30 minutes away and I will drive to your door if you don't meet me. Oh, and bring Alex. I think we'll need her."

"Hey, what's so nuts you gotta threaten a damn drive-by?" Dean asks.

"Please tell me it's just him and not his gaggle of idiots." Alexis mutters from her spot on the couch.

Dean turned to Alexis, his eyes wide.

~~~

Dean put his truck in park, the headlight cutting off as Alexis opened the door. Madilyn sat between the two, sound asleep. Dean and Alexis walk toward Sam, who leaned against his own car. "Where is it?" Dean asks.

"Strapped down in the backseat." Sam replies.

Dean and Alexis walk around the car, leaning down to the window.

"Hmm, it's kinda cute." Alexis mutters.

"Welcome to the party, Guttenberg." Sam smiles.

Alexis looked back down at the baby, who stared back, wide eyed. Alexis ignored the pang in her chest. She really did want another one.

~~~

After gathering a few things they needed from their house, Dean and Alexis met back up with Sam. The two got out of the car. Alexis set Madilyn on the ground, taking her hand. "Alright, so what do we know about this thing?" Dean asks, grabbing the bag from the back of the truck.

"Well, uh, it was fast. And it freaked when I cut it with silver." Sam explains.

"Alright, so that narrows it down to...?"

"A ghoul, a zombie, a Shifter, or about a dozen other things."

Dean dropped the bag into the trunk of Sams car. "I don't recall seeing babynapping in the profiles."