"May I have this dance?" I held my hand out to her.

I chose to ignore the snickers and rage-filled shrieks that came from some of the female vampires behind me.

I couldn't care less.

"You may," Aliya gave me her precious smile and placed her hand in mine gently.

I tightened my grip on her hand and pulled her closer. A gasp escaped her as her body collided with mine. Her other hand instantly went up to rest on my shoulder.

And then we were dancing.

The sound of her racing heart was like music to my ears.

Everything about this moment was perfect.

It was even better than what she had imagined when she saw Emma and Eric dance.

Okay, I know I promised not to read her mind anymore.

But she looked so lost in thought that I had to know what was on her mind.

I had to know if it was something I had to worry about.

But it turned out to be something that took away all of my worries.

She was imaging us in place of the newly wed couple.

And now she was finally here in my arms, where she was supposed to be.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark,

with you between my arms.

Now was the perfect opportunity for me to tell her how I felt towards her.

There were so many things I wanted to share with her, about where I had been since yesterday.

About us.

I think I'm falling in love with you.

Her voice played itself over and over again in my head.

I bent down to place a small kiss on her cheek and kept my face barely an inch away from hers.

"I've already fallen in love with you, princess."

Another gasp was heard from her and she stopped breathing altogether. She snapped her head to the side to look at me, but before she could even process what I said, I was spinning her around.

I didn't give her a chance to stop and think about it. It wasn't long before I brought her back to me, her hand snaked around my shoulder and rested on the back of my neck.

Now we were facing each other and small smile played on her lips.

She looked so beautiful in this lighting, I hadn't been able to take my eyes off her the whole night. Her wavy, mermaid-like hair was flawlessly covering the sides of her face.

She must've noticed my smirk because confusion took over her expressions, debating what I was planning to do next.

I bet she didn't expect me to dip her slightly to my side, keeping an arm under her to support her weight.

I kept her there for a second longer before I bent down to capture her lips with my own.

I knew what I was doing.

And there was a reason why I was doing this in front of everyone.

I kissed her for only a short amount of time, but that was enough to send us over the edge.

She didn't hesitate to move her lips against mine, kissing me back. Her eyes were closed as if she fully trusted me to hold her in place and not let her fall.