30. She's mine

Damien's POV

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

It took a solid minute or two for Aliya's words to register in my mind.

That was at the very bottom of the list of things I was expecting her to say.

A moment of shock consumed me, and I quickly blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

This seemed too good to be real.

But Aliya's face assured me that this moment was in fact real. She was looking at me with admiration dripping from her eyes, as if I was the center of her universe.

Her small hands were nervously tugging at my loose bow tie that was resting on the collar of my shirt. I had undone the damn thing because it was getting itchy earlier. Her eyes spoke a thousand words, digging into mine as if trying to figure out what I was thinking.

I didn't know what to think.

She was falling for me.

Did I hear her right?

How could she be falling for someone like me?

We were total opposites.

She was everything my dreams were made of and I was...

Well, I used to be her worst nightmare.

My hand reached up to tuck a loose curl of her hair behind her ear, "Aliya, I-"

Before I could finish my sentence, an arm pulled Aliya away from me.

I stood up, ready to attack the intruder who dared to interrupt our intimate conversation. But my shoulders relaxed when I realized it was my sister calling Aliya to come dance with her.

There were a few others who had joined the dance floor now, with more people making their way over.

Aliya turned back to look at me, and I nodded at her.

Mentally promising her we'll continue our chat later.

I watched from a distance as Emma and Aliya danced with a group of girls, spinning and giggling as the beat picked up the pace.

Although I was a bit annoyed because I didn't get to finish what I wanted to tell her, I was glad she was having fun.

I sat at the bar enjoying my drink, but keeping an eye on her.

Aliya would occasionally steal a glance in my direction to make sure I was still there.

I couldn't even think about leaving her alone tonight after what she told me.

They danced for a few more minutes before the music started to fade away and a slower song replaced the party banger.

Everyone started to grab a partner to dance with, and I took it as a hint to walk towards the dance floor.

On my way there, a few girls approached me to dance. But I declined politely, shooting them a quick apologetic smile.

I found a love, for me.

Darling just dive right in, follow my lead.

My eyes were only focused on the beauty in the pale pink dress.

The angel under the stars.

Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me...

She watched curiously as I shortened the distance between us, raising her eyebrows at me as if asking me what I was trying to do.