Day 3

The next day we were mostly silent on our drive back. The chemistry between us was a new delicate thing - there was no bad blood at all, but it felt cold; still, a delicious tension hung between us that it seemed like a foregone conclusion that we'd stop the car at any moment, strip each other bare, and have sex right on the highway. 

But we had a flight to catch, so after we got back to our hotel in LA we headed straight to the airport. And it wasn't until we got past security and waited in at the gate to board our flight that she talked to me once more. We were sitting there, with our carry-ons in front of us, staring at the vast, almost empty terminal of LAX. 

"I had a terrific time with you, Edith. The past three days...they were more than I could ever ask for." She said resolutely. 

"So what happens now?" I asked, trying to squash any shimmer of hope before it led me astray down a path of doom. 

"Like we discussed. What we did was not right, and after we get off of this flight, our relationship must go back to strictly professional. Do you understand?" 

This time it was my turn to scoff, "Are you sure? You can't turn emotions on and off like a switch, remember?" 

"Of course I'm sure. We're both adults. We can decide what's best for us." She said so diplomatically that my stomach sank.

"Cate..." I turned my face to her, "are you mad that I didn't have sex with you because I was on my period? Or that I said I wanted our first time to be special?" 

"No," she said impatiently, "of course not. I was very satisfied yesterday." 

"So you're okay with just ending things like...this?" 

She turned her face slowly towards mine, her pale blue gaze clear and blistering. "Aren't you?" 

To my own shock and horror, I teared up. Then quiet tears turned into sobs into a snot fest that began to draw looks from passersby. I was clearly a victim of my own machinations. 

"Pull yourself together, Edith!" she hissed, "People are staring at us." 

"I'm sorry, I -" I could barely string first-grade level words together, "I didn't expect things to end so quickly." 

She just handed me some tissues, grabbed her luggage, and stood up. 

"You're so much trouble. I'm going to the gate now. Come find me after you wiped your face clean." Then she put sunglasses on walked away from me. 

As I sat there alone, trying to recover my sanity, realizing that I was too young and naive to realize what I'd gotten myself into. I didn't understand why Cate was being so cruel to me. But what I didn't understand even more, was how this made me even crazier about her. 

-----

I asked for wine immediately after we took off, and fell into a deep slumber. Neither the turbulence nor the roaring of the engines could pull me out of it. When I woke up, we were two hours away from LA, and the cabin was pitch dark. 

"You slept so soundly. I envy you." Cate said next to me, "To be young." 

"I wasn't in the mood to do much," I said bitterly, "when I don't really know what to look forward to, I just sleep." 

"Don't you have a job to look forward to?" 

"You know what I mean." 

The aircon on the flight was getting stronger, so Cate put her blanket over me. "I said we have to be professional after we get off this flight." 

"What?" I asked in a daze. 

"Technically, we're not in Australia yet, darling." 

Before I could process her words, her hand had already snuck under the blanket and into my pants. 

"Oh shit!" I exclaimed. No one around us heard me because of how loud the engine was. 

"I hope your tampon's holding up," was the last thing she said before she started fingering my clit vigorously over my panties. 

"Fuck Cate," all of my senses became hyper vigilant for the best and worst reasons, and I clutched onto my armrests with both hands, "we're in public." 

"Let me know if anyone sees us," she said placidly. And in a few seconds, I realized that she had a point. Her arm movements were cleverly hidden under the blanket, and the seat vibrations were barely perceptible over the plane's own movements. Everybody else was either asleep or minding their own business. "Have you come at 40 thousand feet before?" 

"No..." I could barely talk as I arched my back against the tight restriction of my seatbelt to meet Cate's fingers, "ughhh fuck, Cate, that feels fucking amazing - " 

"You're such a thirsty little slut," she said, "good girls don't want it during their time of the month." 

"I'm sorry," I was breathless, as dopamine shot through all of my veins, "Just a bit longer, I'm so close-" 

"Don't you dare get blood on my hands," she scolded, "how should I explain to the flight attendant if I had blood on my hands?" 

"You won't, you won't - please don't stop..." I begged. 

She played with me so roughly that my seat began squeaking - a tiny noise that was audible just to the two of us. If a flight attendant passed by and looked closely at us, it would be apparent what we were doing. But Cate had no intention of stopping, and I had no intention of asking her to stop. 

The pressure of her fingers was so intense that they seemed to press my clit back into my body, and I almost felt the waves of pleasure emanating from my lower back. All the soft parts around my pelvis became one big pile of putty in her hands. 

"Do you have something to look forward to now?" she leaned over and whispered close to my ear, "Speak up or I can't hear you." 

"Yes, yes I do," my eyes were closed at this point so I could only feel her sensuous breathing on my neck.

"Tell mommy, what are you looking forward to?" 

"I'm looking forward to mommy making me come..."

"Making you come how?" 

"By doing what you're doing now...until I can't take it anymore..."

"You're so precious, baby, you're mine." 

And with those words, my walls started contracting rapidly around my tampon, and my clit giving back all the love received from her fingertips. 

After I calmed my breathing, Cate withdrew her fingers from under the blankets and showed them to me. 

"Squeaky clean, see?" she flaunted, "If anyone asks, there's no evidence of anything...inappropriate, happening. Ever."