21

Rick looks at me once the words leave my mouth and he sighs then points at Jessie. "Is there anything we can use to block the doors? A lock door wont stop them." She nods and points to a room before following behind Rick.

I watch as Carl and Ron wander off into the garage together, I follow behind them quietly and stay at the door. I grip my gun in my hand, if Ron makes one wrong move I will not hesitate to shoot him.

"Ron?" Carl finally speaks. Ron begins to pace around the room mumbling incoherent words to himself.

"Enid is dead. We're all dead. We can't come back from this." He says as he still moves around the room frantically.

"Look my dad is going to figure something out." Carl takes a deep breath and pauses before speaking again. "He always does." Ron stops in his tracks a look of disgust overtaking his look of fear. He takes a step closer to Carl.

"That's bullshit. Your dad is just going to get more people killed. Cause that's what he does it who he is. Your dad is a killer." I roll my eyes at his stupid response. Carl looks down and shakes his head before looking back at Ron.

"Your dad was too." Carl replies staring Ron down. Ron bite his inner cheek as if he was trying to hold himself back. Eventually Ron lunges towards Carl and I quickly walk in and shut the door behind me.

I watch as they both wrestle with each other and break some glass. I try to grab Carl back but I end up on my ass, I quickly stand up once I hear Rick and Jessie banging on the door trying to get in.

Carl eventually knocks Ron down and chuckles while looking at Ron. Finally he walks over and opens the door and we all exit as a frantic Rick and Jessie bombard them with question.

"What happened in there?" Rick immediately asks stepping up in front of Carl, Jessie stand along side him and stares at Ron.

"Yeah we heard yelling." She says giving them both a sympathetic look. Carl just shrugs his shoulders and looks over at Ron, before looking back at his dad.

"We were looking for tools and accidentally knocked over a shelf." Rick and Jessie look at each other then turn to me. I look around and then make eye contact with them.

"Is what they are saying true Sarah?" Rick asks as they both walk over my way. I nod my head slowly, I hated lying but the way Carl's eyes were begging me to not rat him out made every nerve in my system act up.

"Yes they are telling you the truth, I was in there looking around and I turned around and saw the shelf begin to fall so I was the one who yelled. I'm sorry I know it was stupid considering our situation." I bite my lower lip and look up at Rick's eyes.

He nods his head a bit before looking back at Carl. "You kids stay in the living room. No more messing around I mean it." We all sigh and nod watching as the both wander back off into the room once more.

Carl turns and looks at Ron, Ron immediately begins to try and explain himself. Carl death stares him letting all of Ron's shitty excuses go through one ear and out the other.

"Give me the gun, grip first." He says sternly.

"Carl. I'm sorry." Ron starts again but Carl cuts him off once more.

"Yeah I know. Now give me the gun." Ron sighs and walks over getting Ron the gun. "Listen I get it man. My dad killed your dad, but you need to understand something. Your dad was an asshole." Ron eyes layer over with anger before he pushes past Carl and goes back to the living room.

Carl walks over to me and wraps his arm around my waist. "Hey I'm sorry for knocking you down in there. I didn't mean to." He leans down placing a small kiss onto my cheek. I look up giving him a small smile.

"It's okay it was in the heat of the moment. But just know I'm going to bring this up every time we are arguing." I give him a playful wink and he chuckles before pushing me away a bit. 

We walk into the living room and notice Deanna sitting on the couch her head in her hands and her back shaking indicating she was crying. Rick and Jessie stands in front of her, Jessie had tears brimming her eyes and Rick looked disappointed.

I move from Carls grip and make my way over and sit by Deanna. "Hey are you okay?" I ask while rubbing her back. She still stays in her spot not daring to look up, I knew she hated people see her weak. I sigh and gently grab her hands and pull them down from her face and watch as she slowly looks up at me.

Her tear stained face, mixed together with her red eyes was the sight to break the heart of even the dead. She pulls me close to her and wraps her arms around me giving me a hug.

"Ah sweet sweet Sarah." She whispers as she caresses my hair. I hug her back closer, my gut is telling me something bad has happened and it's making me nervous.

"You know you remind me of me." She replies as she leans back to look at me. She places her small, fragile hands onto my shoulders while giving me a weak smile. Her face was pale, she looked like a ghost. I watch as more tears begin to flow down her cheek.

"I want you to know. That you and Maggie will make this place stand. When I'm gone I want you to help Maggie okay? It sounds like a big job for someone who is strong. You are strong Sarah." I raise my eyebrow and look her up and down.

"Deanna why are you telling me this? You're going to be here for a long time. What is happening right now isn't going to destroy us. We can bring this place back from this-" She cuts me off by shushing me.

"Sarah please just listen." She begs, I stare into her eyes and watch as she stands up and sighs. "I'm not going to be here for a long time." She says while looking down at me.

"What are you talking about Deanna." She gives me a soft smile before grabbing my hands and making me stand in front of her. She slowly begins to raise her shirt and I get a flash of red. My mouth drops open in shock as tears threaten to spill.

"I'm bit."