"Hey what did Iris want if she won the bet?" Jake catches up to me, walking by my side.
"Motorbike lessons" he really doesn't want her near a motorbike, that much is clear as his whole body tenses at my words.
"Your going to give them her anyway aren't you?"
"What?"
"The lessons" of course I am, I knew I'd do that for her as soon as she mentioned it but I'm fearful of his reaction to that fact.
"Yes" I admit truthfully.

"Iris is reckless, not with anyone but herself. She'd put herself in danger and not even blink so don't treat her like you would any one of us, you have to be cautious and meticulous. Don't take your eyes off of her even if she tells you she's got it. God I really don't want you to do this" he grips at the roots of his braids, at least I know I'm not the only one stressing over Iris.
"I won't let anything happen to her Jake" I make a promise I intend to keep for as long as I'm around.

"You better not. Why don't I just supervise. That way either of us can jump in if need be" resisting an eye roll I nod. "Sure" relief floods his dark eyes and I have to fight the jealous feeling in my gut. He's like a brother to her, that's all. I assure myself before stepping into the cold shower.

——————————

"Beer and games at my house?" Malcolm suggests as we all head back to the parking lot.
"Yeah I'll meet you guys there" i mutter, eyes and mind focused on someone else, Iris. I jog toward the oblivious girl as she rolls her eyes at Mal.
"Get your ass to my house by 4pm Iris Moore or I'll kick your little ass" she threatens her brunette best friend. "Yeah yeah I know. I'll be there don't worry" she dismisses her friends worry while taking a step back.

"See you tomorrow" I wait for her to fully turn and notice my presence and I'm not disappointed when she does. "Jesus Christ newbie!" She slaps a palm against her chest gasping like I'm a mass murder and she's my next victim.
"Sorry Moore didn't mean to scare you" I apologise though my smirk does little to make it credible. "Mhm sure you didn't" she narrows her eyes, brushing past me before I quickly turn around to follow her like a lost puppy. Yes I'm pathetic when it comes to her.

"So what colour tie should I be wearing tomorrow"
"You're actually serious about that date?" Of course I fucking am.
"Yes" she glances at me for a few moments, seemingly searching for some type of emotion in my face but I don't think she finds it.
"Dark red" she utters.
"Great oh and I'll still give you driving lessons if you want" iris' eyes light up and her head nearly snaps as she turns so fast to look at me.

"Really?" Fuck me that innocent look is going straight to my dick. "Yeah" I grumble now finding it hard to control myself from finally knowing what she tastes like. Her lips are parted and eyelashes fluttering up at me as excitement bubbles out of her. If I knew that was all it took to make her look at me like this then I would of offered motorbike lessons way earlier.

"But Jake did say he wanted to 'supervise' " i use air quotes as I say the last word because I have a feeling his supervision will be a lot more than just sitting back and watching.
"That doesn't surprise me" she tells me as we approach her car and I quickly open the door for her. "Thanks" maybe I'm imagining it and I probably am knowing Iris, but I swear I saw a slight tug of her lips upwards. For me. She smiled for me. I shouldn't feel as excited as I do over such a small act but man I just can't help it.

"I'll meet you there tomorrow because my dad wants me to go with him" I nod smiling as I step away from her car. "Don't stand me up Moore" my warning is playful but she still gently shakes her head in promise that she won't.

"Wouldn't dream of it newbie"

IRIS POV:

I wasn't going to stand him up, I knew I could never do that however I would be lying if I said I wasn't dreading this damn ball. Faking an illness not to go would be useless because my father made it crystal clear that I had no choice but to be in attendance. The only good thing coming out of this is that my father normally disappears for a few days after these things. Either with his woman of the month or a supposed business deal though I'm certain those things mean the same thing to him. Before I can overthink anymore about the ball or my fathers habits my phone begins to ring and I don't hesitate to pull over into an abandoned park to answer it.