But thinking about how he had concealed his identity and come here, he couldn't attract too much attention. He directly took out the documents of the Ministry of Personnel and his own identity from his clothes.

He was still a resident of Beijing, Gu Wenxuan, but the documents mentioned that he had only passed the imperial examination in his early thirties, ranking twelfth in the third tier. Finally, he was appointed by the Ministry of Personnel as the county magistrate of Songyang County.

Seeing that a new magistrate had arrived, the gatekeepers quickly apologized and let him in. One of them even led him to the residence of the county magistrate Huang Wen.

Gu Wenxuan just furrowed his brows at this sight but didn't say anything.

The Songyang County Yamen was similar to other county Yamens. The front courtyard was used for daily official business, while the back courtyard was where the county magistrate's family lived. There was a small garden in the middle, which looked elegant. The county yamen seemed to have just been renovated and was very clean.

After walking around the yamen and getting familiar with it, Gu Wenxuan went to sit on the master's chair in the courtroom, waiting for the famous county magistrate Huang Wen.

Seeing a group of people coming in, the leader was dressed gorgeously, and he was startled when he saw Gu Wenxuan. He didn't expect the new magistrate to look so young and promising. Nevertheless, after mixing in the official circles for more than ten years, he quickly reacted and greeted Gu Wenxuan with a bow.

"I, Huang Wen, pay my respects to Your Excellency."

The people behind him quickly followed suit and bowed.

"You are all courteous."

After Gu Wenxuan finished speaking, he began to size up the people below the hall, giving each of them a glance.

Huang Wen immediately began to introduce the people in the county yamen to Gu Wenxuan, who nodded slightly as he listened.

After introducing the people in the county, Huang Wen began to introduce the local wealthy and gentry.

"I have met everyone today. It's getting late, so please take your leave," Gu Wenxuan said, addressing the people below.

"Yes." Seeing everyone below exit, Huang Wen remained standing there motionless.

"Your Excellency, since you've just arrived at the county yamen and things here are not fully prepared, there isn't even someone to attend to you. It might be inconvenient for you to stay here. How about you follow me to my humble abode for a rest? Once the county yamen is renovated in a few days, Your Excellency can move back in."

"I've seen the backyard of the county yamen since I first arrived. It's suitable for living. I won't trouble you. I'll stay at the county yamen."

Huang Wen looked directly into Gu Wenxuan's firm gaze and didn't say anything more. He turned and left.

However, an hour later, after Gu Wenxuan had packed up his belongings, he looked at the meat, vegetables, lamp oil, rice, and flour sent by Huang Wen, along with two old women and a maid to serve him.

As he was still new and hadn't fully grasped the situation, Huang Wen also refrained from acting rashly, even if he felt dissatisfied. Gu Wenxuan then left the items behind for the old women and the maid to deal with while he would handle everything later.

Closing his own door, he went out directly.

Songyang County City, in the south, still seemed bustling. Gu Wenxuan casually found a restaurant and entered.