A Song

Info: I'm changing to the "me/I" perspective

********

Two weeks later the Grand Prix is taking place in Miami. Everybody is already there, because of the first grand prix there ever, there are a lot of things planned around.

I'm in my hotel and sit on a piano. I have a tv interview tomorrow and my manager wants me to sing a new song. I'm not ready with the song yet and start to get very frustrated.

"Ahh man", I slam on the piano after still not finding the right chords.

"Are you okay?", Charles enters the room.

"I need to get this ready, but I can't find the right melody", I sigh. Charles just goes to sit next to me and wants to help.

"What's the lyrics?", he starts to play some chords on the piano.

"I played dumb but I always knew", Charles nods after I speek the lyrics, "that you'd talk to her, maybe did even worse."

"This is really sad", he looks up worried.

"Well, I am sad", I laugh softly. Charles starts to play something on the melody while I listen carefully.

"Sing along", Charles smiles. I star  to sing the lyrics and it feels very good, "Amazing, keep going."

"This is just perfect, thank you Charles!", I can't hide my happiness and be very thankful that Charles helped me out. I wrap my arms around his neck full of excitment. After letting go of eachother I look into Charles eyes and gets lost. He doesn't say anything. It is like the whole world stops for these seconds. Our eyes are locked into eachother and they got stucked.

"I, eh, yes", I am the first one to move again. I feel bad for it and look for my phone. "We need to record it for my band, okay?"

Charles also looks like he doesn't know how to feel at all right now and only nods. We start to play the song again to record it.

"About Imola", Charles wants to start a conversation.

"It's okay, I understand you. You're probably right", I don't wanna talk about it again.

"I only want the best for you", he gets into this eye contact again, but this time I tr to avoid it and stands up.

*** Next Day - TV Interview ***

I get ready for my interview as I walk outside of my dressing room and see Mick and all of my new friends coming to support me. I gets tears in my eyes, because I feel so blessed. I hug everyone and am so happy.

"Ladies and gentlemen, here is Emma Schumacher!", Jimmy Kimmel annouces me to his audience before I walk inside the studio.  "It's good to have you back here!"

"Thank you for having me, it's always so nice here", I smile and wave to my fans again. They start to chat a bit.

"So let's talk about Harry", he grins. I get nervous but know I need to do this now. "You guys broke up and I think it broke so many hearts out here. You seem so happy together."

"Yeah, my heart broke the most", I take a deep breath and can already feel the eyes of my manager in my neck. I put on a smile. "You know, it's this right person, wrong time kinda thing."

"So, he did not cheat on you?", Jimmy gets noisy.

"Eh, no, I- I don't think so", I look for my friends because this interview gets harder than I thought. I start to feel uncomfortable.

"And did you cheat?", Jimmy asks out of nowhere and gets her attention back.

"What?", I turn to him shocked. He repeats his question while showing the pictures of me and Lando. I look over to Lando who gives me a little smile. "Lando is a very good friend. I would never cheat."

"Okay, we will see about that friend thing", he laughs. The interview continues before Jimmy annouces my new song. "Enjoy the show!"

I go on stage and performs my new song (- Traitor by Olivia Rodrigo).

During the performance I always looks for Charles because I get insecure.

CHARLES POV

"She is so heartbroken", Carlos watches the performance with the others.

"I feel so sorry for her", Caroline has tears in her eyes.

I help Emma through the song with looking to her the whole time. Emma doesn't look anywhere else than me.

"We need to make her happy again", Caroline wants to help her.

"How about a little holiday on the bahamas after the race? We have some days off", Carlos smiles to everyone.  George, Caroline, Lando, Max, Katelyn, Daniel, Esteban, Eleanor and Mick agrees to it. I also nod. Maybe it's a vacation we all need.

"Thank you for helping my little sister, she deserves to be happy again", Mick is thankful for all of them and watch Emmas performance to the end.

EMMA POV

After I finish my performance Mick is the first one who hugs me. "You did amazing."

"Guess I have a new favorite song", Lando whispers in my ear while he hugs me.

"Can't wait for your remix", I laugh until my manager and Lauren walk over to them.

"Emma, that was.. let's say, okay", Lauren looks at me without any emotions.

"We have to talk about it tomorrow!", Scotty, my manager, says strict. I knew they wouldn't be happy about the lyrics but at the end it does hurt me, that they don't like it at all. It's my song

"What was that about?", Lando says what everybody was thinking after these two left again.

"Welcome to my life. You are never good enough", I fake laugh.

"Okay, please don't say that ever again. You ARE good enough", Lando hugs me tight but I really don't want to talk about it. After saying goodbye to everyone back in the hotel, Charles suddenly runs after me.

"Wait, I just wanted to tell you, how good you were on stage", he smiles to me.

"Wouldn't have done it without you", I smile thankful.