the sighting

A feminine looking figure stood there, eerily lurking in the shadows. The street lights flickered. On, off, on, off, on, off. What a peculiar sight, he thought to himself, a girl standing in the middle of the road in the night? He shrugged, easy prey.

His eyes latched themselves onto the figure, studying it's body movements. He was ready to attack his prey at any moment.

He was in close proximity now, he could hear the echoes of her blood pumping through her veins. He imagined himself, seconds from now, the feeling of satisfaction flooding his senses whilst blood dribbled down his chin. The metallic taste in which surrounded his every thought, it fulfilled him.

He pounced.

The girl turned towards him before he could attach his teeth to her neck. He was forced to pause.

Her eyes peered into his own. There was no hints of fear in them, just an ounce of curiosity. 

He was surprised, people usually quaked at the mere sight of him but she was staring back at him confidently, almost as if she was challenging him to attempt to feed on her again. 

Klaus Pov:

She looked like a princess, the level of beautiful only a princess could reach. I had met thousands of women in my time, princesses, queens, warriors, ladies, even the occasional stripper. However, one glance at this girl and I was encapsulated.

I had always claimed the attraction I had felt for Tatia was the truest, but the attraction I had for the girl standing before me was raw, powerful, it was more than true. 

She wasn't just princess pretty, no. She was menacingly exquisite. She was alluring me in like a snake would, blinding me with her beauty and then savagely pummeling me into pieces. It was the way she held herself so mighty, the way I would imagine her to be what a lioness looks like in human form, the way she stared me down as if she was taking me all in. For one in my life, it seemed I had something, someone to fear. Except that fear didn't make me want to huddle myself up into a ball and hide, it made the temptation of letting her destroy me even worse. 

I don't know why I felt this longing to be nearer, I knew I wanted to rip her heart out from the start but now seeing that unholy glint dancing in her eyes, I wanted, needed to admire her on her knees beside my feet, pleading with those same eyes that I'd show her how evil, evil gets. This princess clearly thinks she's seen the worst, been the worst but I bet she would cry a river of tears if she knew my past, however I can think of other ways for her to see the evil that brews inside of me.

I felt as if her lips were pouting at me, begging me to let them taste true evil, I wanted to give in to them, I wanted to see for myself if her rosy lips tasted just as good as I had previously thought her heart would. The way she looks at me, that should count as seduction.

I wanted her heart to myself. Of course its selfish but I've been called worse.

Belles POV:

The man peering at me inquisitively was of course, the one and only, Klaus Mikaelson. 

 I want to pull a gun out and shoot myself to avoid this interaction.

I hesitantly reach for my back pocket, my fingers slip round the cold icy touch from the weapon that was just tucked into my jeans. At this moment, I thanked my past self for making this life saving device.

~

I had came up with the idea when Bekah was telling me how Klaus keeps a collection of silver daggers to get rid of his siblings for periods of time, me being her best friend I did a spell that would allow the daggers to be summoned to me. I gave them to Bekah however I made replicas which did the exact same amount of damage which I then placed as bullets into an old gun that I remade so It could fit seven daggers into. And that is how I planned to slow a Mr Klaus Mikaelson down if he ever got in my way.

~

Swiftly, I swung my arms around to face him, my gun loaded. 

He smirked, looking amused.

"Smart girl, bringing a gun while taking a stroll in the night, smart smart girl", he taunted.

He was about to get a shock.

I fired.

The dagger flew through the air rapidly, I was nearly a hundred percent sure it would hit him. 

To my dismay, it landed right into his shoulder, I missed by just a few centimeters. His eyes shot to the silver that was wedged into his side, he looked stunned to say the least. I blinked and the next second he was gone, I'm never going to blink again.

He was right in front of me now with my dagger grasped firmly in his left hand, I swear I could almost hear the adrenaline rushing through his body. I was about to shoot a second dagger when I noticed something was blocking it from coming through.

Then I saw it, I saw his hand wedged into the end of the gun, preventing the bullet from pelting out. Thick, red spurts of blood leaked from his palm, squirting all over the gun and myself.

I couldn't use my powers on him, no way, not after last time. I had to surrender and this time I had no special treatment from him, I was some nobody to him, he had forgotten me. I had been beaten.

My hands fell weak at the feeling of sadness taking over my body. I dropped the gun, letting it clatter onto the rain soaked streets. 

"Thats a good girl", I heard someone coo. I was too exhausted to move my head to see but I knew whoever it was I wanted to set their house on fire with them inside so they would die a very slow death. 

"Shut up", I murmured, feeling half asleep. 

I felt something hard, solid tilt my chin up, it wasn't sharp but it wasn't soft. My head moved upwards from the force and I was stuck staring at his stubble, button nose and ice cold eyes. I could've sworn I saw some softness in his eyes, but with Klaus I could never be sure. 

I heard his thick british accent speak up,

"Now now love, what is your name", 

"Isabelle",

I felt my insides squirm, this was the day I was going to die and although I had come to peace with death itself a while ago, all the things I needed to do, say came rushing back into my mind. 

"What an enchanting name, Isabelle would you be so kind to tell me where you got that lovely weapon you were firing at me from?"

His voice was sexily stern, and the way he said my name, god it made me want to go feral. However I had to just purse my lips and not say a single word. 

He tilted his head to the side at me as if he was giving me one last chance before he sighs and pushes the tip of the gun further onto my throat. 

"Cmon sweetheart, just tell me where you got it and I will leave you alive", he whispered into my ear.

Every second I remained quiet, the gun was pushed further and further and until I heard him preparing to fire I stayed silent.

Then it came to me, I didn't want to die, I could not die, I had a brother, a few best friends, I couldn't let them down.

I coughed on my words as the point of the gun almost crushed my breathing tube. I felt him hesitate, waiting for me to speak.

"Me, I m-made it", I spluttered out, struggling to breathe.