elenas birthday

It had been three months since Belle had last saw Nikaus Mikaelson. He disappeared, taking Stefan as his devoted little puppy dog.

In the three months she had spent her time in Mystic Falls gathering information about the magic that flowed through her veins as well as also reconnecting with Caroline and Bonnie since she was in town. acc

She had spent most days lounging at Bonnie's house, just awaiting the chance for her to take a peek at the witch books that were held there. She knew Bonnie was a powerful witch and she wanted to learn more about her own 'powers' however she felt it best not to tell a soul in case it would endanger them.

If she wasn't at Bonnies, then she was at the Salvatore house. She would sneak in and bask in the knowledge of the many books, scrolls, scriptures that just laid around their house. It was quite easy, all she had to do was wait for Elena to walk in and Damon would be easily mesmerised by her presence.

She knew the easiest thing to do would to be to contact Freya and get her help but she knew it wouldn't be smart as if Freya knew, Klaus would know. She also had a dark feeling eating at her deep inside that Freya had moved on and forgotten her.

There were times where she wanted to call or text him. But she didn't. She was a danger to him, a danger to anyone who saw that side of her. And plus even if she called, he would have no idea who she even was.

~

Present time:

Piles of ancient, dusty old books surrounded me, they were practically everywhere in my apartment. I was sitting amongst them, studying the chapters of a book published in 1765 claiming that the supernatural were real.

I'm interrupted from my studies by a familiar knocking on the door. Before I could even yell out anything the door swung open and in the doorway stood an overly enthusiastic blonde vampire, holding way too many shopping bags.

Her bright smile turns into a look of disgust as she looks at the state of my apartment.

She picks up a few old chocolate wrappers before exclaiming,

"Belle I have held my tongue long enough!!"

I look up at her outburst curiously.

"You are living in a dumpster, and as your friend it is my duty to tell you that one it is d i s g u s t i n g and it's frankly not very healthy", she retorts.

I laugh at her concern and walk over to hug my friend.

"Care I promise you, me and my apartment are fine even if we are d i s g u s t i n g", I say making sure to copy the exact way she said disgusting.

The blonde puts her arm through mine,

"Look. I love you and because I love you I am telling you straight. This is not okay. You are going to get out of this slump"

I sigh at her attempts to empower something in me or something,

"Caroline I will , I just need a few more weeks to be in this 'slump' before I promise I will get out of it"

I watch as she scoffs obviously not believing me for a second.

"Anyways what's the rush, my apartments been like this for months now" I add,

"well.. It's kinda Elena's birthday tomorrow and I was thinking that we could throw her a little get to gether and you could you know, put yourself out there a bit, and get out of the grungy apartment",

I'm honestly surprised at how fast she gets her sentences out.

I roll my eyes at the sound of Elena's name, I'm still not the biggest fan of Katerina 2.0