Cardin: "Velvet...?"

They stare at each other but, remain silent as Grimm pass by them. Once they moved on and with no Grimm nearby, Cardin finally asks her in a whispering tone. 

Cardin: "Velvet, what are you doing here?"

Velvet: "I follow you out of camp once I found out what you've been doing off the clockwork. You've been pushing yourself, aren't you?"

Cardin shift his gaze away from her as Velvet resumes speaking.

Velvet: "I thought you were being a workaholic but, I didn't realize you were borderline suicidal."

Cardin: "I'm not."

Velvet: "Then, what the hell are you doing so close to the tower? Sure, the Grimm are distracted by all the negative emotions on the front lines but, that doesn't mean they're blind. One wrong move and you be eaten alive."

Cardin eventually responds back to her.

Cardin: "But we're getting nowhere with how slow the perimeter is moving. We retake one building only to lose it the next day. That Wyvern keeps spawning whole hordes after whole hordes. If someone were to take it out, the recovery team can make more progress, especially since most of the exchange students (like Sage and Scarlet) have headed home."

Velvet slaps him in the arm, growling at him. 

Velvet: "Full-fledged huntsmen have tried to take that thing down and they're the ones that are on the front lines, making actual progress. Students, let alone freshmen have barely been able to hold the defensive perimeter. So, what do you think you're going to do that they can't?"

In response, Cardin show her a brown bag he's been carrying, opening it to reveal what looks to be a cross between red glass and shaped C4 charges.

Velvet: "What the?"

Cardin: "Look, I pull some strings from my family to get my hands on enough fire dusts to level the whole tower if I need to."

His remark makes Velvet look unease as she replies.

Velvet: "Oh my gods, you really are going for a suicide mission, aren't you?"

This makes Cardin roll his eyes as he pulls out a detonator.

Cardin: "I have a detonator and it works at a pretty decent range."

The bunny Faunus shake her head at this.

Velvet: "Cardin, what happens if all this does is set that thing free? For all we know, keeping that Wyvern up there is the best option they have. Hell, we don't even know what turned it into stone in the first place."

The former bully just looks at her, clearly exhausted both physically and mentally.

Cardin: "I have to try something... anything..."

Velvet gives him a solid stare before responding.

Velvet: "No, we have to try something. Because you're not doing this alone."

They share a look with one another before Cardin nods to her.

Cardin: "Okay, thanks."

After that, the two start sneaking into the tower while keeping their presence hidden from the Grimm surrounding the area. They then arrive at the destroyed elevator shaft. There, they find a few of the loose cables still dangling.

Velvet: "Well, time to start climbing."

Cardin: "Okay, I'll go first."

Before long, they use them to climb and ascend to the top with Cardin in the lead. Time passes as they ascend slowly, and at one point, they have to jump cables because the one they're on can't support their weight anymore, snapping free. Eventually, they reach the top which is still blocked by the mangled mess of an elevator platform (that Pyrrha used to ascend during her last fight). Seeing a gap between the platform and the elevator shaft, probably left by a previous huntsman who'd come this way, Cardin moves to slide himself and the bag through only to be attacked by one of those adolescent Beowolves.