29: Just Rest, Beautiful Creature

The minutes flew past us faster than any of us could keep up with. The minutes bled together in a blur, making me realize how late into the morning it really was. About an hour ago, I had to shift my daytime attire over my body in order to avoid death by spontaneous combustion. I was seated beside my brother to my left, and everyone else sat after him. I was thankful not to be crowded by people, especially since I didn't particularly get along with most of them. Bee was at the farthest end, saving me the pain of smelling him up close.

His blood was very pungent.

Naruto hadn't moved in what's felt like hours, and it concerned me. I knew he'd be safe in there, but the idea of talking with every bit of his hate was tiring. I couldn't imagine the level of pain he must have grown up feeling. I had and still have a fair share of it... festering beneath my skin. However, I'm able to overcome and be better.

I grew up learning that the hard way. I may be twenty-one, but I grew up long before now.

With Naruto safe and focused, I was able to focus better on myself and how I was currently feeling. Overall, I'm tense and unable to put any trust in anyone, not even my brother, to the fullest. The idea of a war with a goal of killing Naruto set my blood on fire. I wanted to protect him, but I knew that he would never stand idle while everyone else fought and risked their lives. It's not that I think he's incapable of defending himself, I know he is more than able, but I just wanted him to be safe, pain-free, with me. I wanted him to myself and myself only, an odd possessive nature to me since waking up as this monster. I saw Naruto as more than just my partner, but part of my soul, an extension of it, and I wanted it as close to me as possible...

But could I protect him from the likes of people like the Madara Uchiha? 

I'm still uncertain about my own personal limits, chakra wise and stamina. I haven't felt tired yet, nor have I felt drained of chakra since being resurrected from the dead. I guess the war zone is a perfect opportunity to run myself tired, but that would need to wait.

My hunger has grown into a problem.

The longer I sit here with nothing to do, the more I crave his liquid life. The delicious heaven I've grown addicted to consuming. My emotions also fuel the state of hunger I experience and quicken the starvation process. Stress doubles it, and my emotions are probably tripled after coming back from death. It probably has a lot to do with the vampirism, but part of me feels like this second chance was a blessing in disguise. I can look after my brother, keep him from Madara's manipulation, and keep an eye on Naruto. But as much as I enjoy this second chance, I hate what it's turned me into. I'm just so self-conscious of myself that it's laughable. At least Naruto loves me for who and what I am, I don't scare him like I do everyone else here. 

My little fox~...

I snapped from my thoughts and slid my hand over my mask, feeling myself beginning to tremble with need. My hungry eyes burned through the shaded holes of the mask, glaring at the blonde's back with an intense need. My eyes narrowed, and my fangs ached the more my mind was consumed with Naruto's existence. He filled me with pride, with happiness, lust, love, life, and everything else Imaginable. His singing veins filled me with energy, as did those succulent sounds of his. 

I felt a hand grab my shoulder firmly, and I twitched and looked to find Sasuke looking at me with a look of caution and warning, mixed with a bit of concern. I leaned towards him and silently rested my masked head on his, careful not to knock my hat off. I shivered again, eyes darting to Naruto as Sasuke patted my back in an awkward attempt to calm me down. 

"Are you okay?" Sasuke whispered to me just quiet enough to have our talk be private.

"Mostly, just trying to reign myself in." I whispered back. "How are you doing?"