19: The Trip begins

We had set out about an hour ago, around one in the morning. Tsunade saw us off, and currently, we were at a running pace, getting as far from the village as possible until sunrise when we could resume a walking pace. Guy's idea, and one we decided to just go along with to keep ourselves occupied since conversation did not come easily.

With Sasuke's sour presence and bruised face half healed by Sakura before we left, it was hard to talk for some odd reason. He had a weird bubble of unfriendly vibes floating around him that made it difficult to say virtually anything. He didn't mind the quiet and seemed to enjoy it more than if we were to start talking about random things to keep ourselves entertained. 

Itachi was basking in the wind that rushed past us, silently enjoying it with a soft smile, keeping his eyes shut and using his original way of seeing when he was blind to keep himself from falling into trees or slipping off of mud. He was getting more and more relaxed, slowing down when we would slow for a fraction of an hour. He disliked wearing all of the layers he wore during the day.

It was a better sight to see than the one I witnessed earlier. That scary look in his eye of predatory hunger. I wonder if he has a weird version of stress eating. That would be a scary thought, but if that's something he can't control, then I can't judge at all, not that I was in the first place. It was just surprising to see him just snap like that. It was completely out of the left field. I wonder if he feels similarly whenever I have my episodes.

I sighed and kept my inner conversation to myself as we carried on through the forests, heading North-ish, North East. I kept a little closer to Itachi then, silently showing support but not bothering his state of peace.

I felt my face heat up as I reached up and poked at the bite scars. I was wondering about feeding him during the trip. Our moments when he bit me were much more intimate than they needed to be, but something I didn't deny enjoying. It would be embarrassing to have people watch or even walk away just for that purpose and come back with knowing looks plastered on everyone's face. I shivered at the thought of being pinned against a tree.

"You're beginning to smell tantalizing~" Itachi whispered directly in my ear, making me gasp and stumble a little.

"S-Sorry!" I stammered out, feeling my face heat up a lot.

"Hn~." He smirked and grew closer to me. "Can't help yourself?"

I shuddered at the tone he used, feeling my insides squirm around with unease and arousal. I couldn't help the way I reacted either. It was just ingrained into me.

"I-I guess not. You're a lovely subject to think about." I giggled nervously as he only kept his eyes on me.

"As are you. My little toy, sweet and loving and kind. I can't wait until we have some privacy!" He whispered, chuckling nearby before moving farther, this time with his eyes open.

I had to think about nasty stuff to keep my body from reacting the way it wanted to. I looked forward to finding Sasuke staring at me over his shoulder with an odd glare I couldn't place. I couldn't begin to imagine how he felt about me now. Someone he forced himself to hate suddenly has a part to play in his personal life because I am in love with his older brother. Awkward was putting it lightly.

I simply chose to look down and pay attention to where my feet were going rather than suffer under the mercy of his stare.

I felt my brain immediately go fuzzy, and my body stopped listening to me. I ran straight into a thick trunk and fell to the ground, grunting with a curse hidden under my breath.

"OI!" I heard Sasuke shout to Guy and Yamato ahead, seeing Itachi immediately rush to my side.

"Hey... are you okay? That looked like it hurt." Itachi asked me, his voice half buried under a weird static sound in my ears.