15: Chains

I was drifting in and out of consciousness inside an empty and dry room, my body hoisted limply against a wall, chained up like an animal.

I was hurt everywhere; broken feet and wrists, broken fingers and toes, and then some. Everything was screaming at me for some form of relief, but I couldn't grant myself that. It was impossible because everyone still saw me as an animal, as a monster, and as a weapon. I was nothing to them, nothing at all, not even human.

I was simply called "The Jinchuriki."

It wasn't fair...

It wasn't fair...

It wasn't fair...

"It's not fair..." I whimpered, teeth clattering in pain as memories of Danzo cutting Tsunade down in front of me resurfaced.

He had killed Sasuke and Shi and bound me in chains before dragging me back home. He presented me in front of the entire village as a traitor and humiliated me by whipping me as punishment. He de-ranked me to nothing. He spat at my existence and killed Tsunade in front of everyone to pay for my crimes.

Blaming her for raising me to become a 'Kage killer'. Branding me as a rogue for trying to assassinate him for not letting me get my way. He threw me behind bars and chained me up and hasn't let me see the light of day since then.

I wanted to get out of there... so for the hundredth time this past hour, I began yelling as loud as possible...

Cursing him...

Damning him...

Begging to let me loose...

To show him the monster I 'really' was...

"DAAAAANNNNZZZZOOOOOOOO!"

...

...

...

"AAAAAAAH!" I woke up screaming, my hands grabbed onto my head while boiling rage overtook my rational state of being.

"Naru-"

WHO!?

Hands grabbed my wrists and pinned them down by my head. I snarled in retaliation, kicking my pinned legs as I tried to break out of the hold I was in, the demon I held filling my body with encouraging chakra.

Begging me to continue...

Begging me to kill...

Begging me...

...

"It's okay, it wasn't real." Itachi's voice came to my ears, making me lock up in shock as my brain turned fuzzy. "We are back home and safe. Danzo is dead... and you are with me in bed, in our tent." He soothed me, rubbing my wrists gently as the strength I felt before left me.

It died like a flickering candle, and my rational mind returned.

"Itachi..." I whispered as relief washed over my very soul, tears coming to my eyes. "I did it again, didn't I?"

"No, you didn't hurt me, I was already awake when you began to wake up and flail about. It's alright now... you're safe." His sweet voice comforted me.

I sighed in a shaky voice, relaxing as my tears fell, my lower lip quivering as a sick thought came to mind. Like maybe this right here was the dream, a world too good to be true.

Like a fantastic alternate reality, I made up a coping mechanism to escape the reality that all of my friends were dead because I had killed them. But I knew I was having my dreams out of order.