My Little Snowflake

That night, Charles heard Catherine crying. He knocked her door. Catherine stopped crying and pretended she didn't hear. Charles waited on the door for a while. Then Catherine started crying again, this time she tried to cry quietly.
-I know you hear me, can i come in?
Charles said.
-Yes
She said silently.
-He opened the door and asked;
-What happened, my little snowflake?
-Nothing.
-You're crying.
-Just a bad dream.
-What kind of a bad dream was it?
-It doesn't matter.
-Your father told me that you he hear your screams in the nights a lot.
-Yes.
-Wanna talk about it?
-No
-We all being through a hard time recently, talking about it could help.
-Then why don't you talk about it first?
-I'm not the one who is crying, am i?
-Fine, i'm scared, a lot. Arthur just died and now i'm afraid it's my turn.
-I promise you, i'll do my best to ensure your safety.
Charles said. It was not the first time he said it. And he wasn't sure if he can keep her safe anymore. He wished he could promise her to keep her safe. He wished she was safe and knew she's safe.
-Your best isn't enough, is it? Arthur died!
-I know and i feel terrible for that...
-Don't, you did all you can.
Catherine interrupted.
-But i promise, i'll try harder this time.
Charles continued.
-You don't have to try to comfort me. I don't think anything you say could make me feel better.
-You want to walk outside a little bit with me?
At that hour?
-Walking outside usually helps me when i'm feeling down. I think it might help you too.
-Perhaps.
-Come on, wear your jacket.
Catherine wore her orange jacket and they went outside.
It was dark, Catherine doesn't like being in the dark, it scares her. But she doesn't really care about the dark when she's with other people.
-You don't need to worry a lot, he got his revenge. He said " I won" in the letter, i don't think he'll come after you.
-I hope so...
-You know what, Catie, when i was seven, my cousin died, we were the same age and he was my best friend. One day, he fell down when he was sitting on the roof. Eleanor suppose to watch him. She was fourteen at the time. But she thought he was doing good by himself. So she didn't watch him. I know it's hard to lose someone close to you. Specially when you're a child.
-Yes, it's hard. So that's why you two aren't getting along, right?
-That's right. Don't tell i told you this to your aunt.
-Okay.
-I'm glad i'm the one who survived, but i don't want to be happy for i lived and Arthur died.
-There is nothing wrong with being happy to survive.
But if i hadn't survived, maybe Arthur would.
Still, it's totally normal for you to feel happy to survive. Besides, Arthur would want you to be happy to survive.
-You say so?
-Of course.
-Thanks.