Chapter 8 - First Call

Abhimanyu's POV 

She said yes. But she hesitant and had a long talk with mom. Was she being pressured in this marriage. Should I talk to her. I don't have her number though. I will ask Om or Arjun they sleep in my room anyways even though they have their own rooms. 

In Abhimanyu's Room

"Abhi are you ok." "Yeah why?" "Nothing while everyone were smiling because Meera said yes, you look disturbed and stressed. What going on in your mind?" "Om she had a long talk with Maa before saying yes and when mom left to talk she seemed upset, could she have been pressure into saying yes." "Do you really think Badi mummy would do that?" "It doesn't have to maa what if it's her parents or anyone she talked too?" "Abhi I know your worried but assumning won't do you any good, why don't you talk to her and figure it out?" "I would but I didn't get her number." "Well good for you bhaiya because we got it here you go" said Arjun out of nowhere and sent me her number. "Thanks bros I will call her tomorrow as it's already to late today." saying this everyone slowly started drifting to sleep.

Next Day 

As soon I reached my cabin I quickly gave her a call. "Hello who's this?" she replied. "Hi Meera it Abhimanyu, do you have a few minutes?" "Hmm did something happen?" "No I had a few worries if you don't mind." "No no go ahead." "Are you happy with this rishta, I mean when you called maa last night you sounded worried and when maa left the room to talk in private she seemed upset. You're not being pressured or forced to marry me right? And if you are I could be the one to end things, I will do something stupid and you can just dump me..." "Abhimanyu esi koi baat nahi ha, I called last because... (her telling me about the conversation)." "Oh sorry." "No problem I was going to call someone in your family anyways. Mom wanted to know what you want to eat tonight." "Tonight? Are you guys coming here?" "No. Looks like aunty hasn't told you yet so let me tell you. You are to finish all your work, meetings, etc. quickly and come to our house before dinner time. Accha tell na what you want to eat that way I can tell mom." "Nothing special whatever you guys eat normally." While I was talking Kabir came in an said "Sir Mr. Sharma and his team is here." "Take them to the meeting room, I will be there soon." "Aap jaiye sounds like you have work. And don't forget to come home early. Bye!" Saying this she cut the phone and with a huge grin left for the meeting.

Meera's POV 

He called me. He called me. He called. AAAAAAAAAAA. Meera stop acting like a teenager, be mature. I should quickly get home and help mom cook. After cooking mom told me to change as his family is about to reach. As soon as mom said that the doorbell rang. "Harsh can you get that, it's the milk I asked for. Sorry beta were you going to say something?" "Ha mom should I wear western, will they be okay with that?" "Why wouldn't we be." said Abhimanyu. ABHIMANYU what is he doing here. And as if he could read my thoughts he said, "Arrey your the one who called me early." "By early I meant with everyone not just you." "Abhi engagement bhi nai hui phir bhi pati patni ke jaise lat rahe ha." "Mom!" "What it's not like I am lying, accha go get ready and wear whatever you want." "Hmm" But what to wear. This will do.

Meera's Outfit

Meera's Outfit

Meera's Jewelry

Meera's Jewelry

By the time I got downstairs I saw everyone was here and too my surprise so were Nari and Anushka, but I couldn't see Minho. "Naru where's my little prince." "Interrogating jiju." "Jiju?" "Hmm Jiju." Finally understanding I blush a bit and went to the yard where they both are, and the scene was just beautiful. Minho was sitting in his lap with a huge pout and asking such cute questions. I decided to eavesdrop a bit. "Um what do I call you?" "What do you call Meera?" "Mimi or Masi." "Then call me Masa." "Ok Masa here are a few things you need to remember: first Mimi needs her coffee, if she's angry its mostly because she's hungry. Because of her job she doesn't eat or sleep enough. And if you make her mad or sad I will personally deal with you and last and most important. She loves me the most in this world and you will never be able to take that spot, so don't even try." "Yes sir, I understand." He said acting to be scared.

 "Mimi" I heard minu say and he ran to me, and I gladly picked him up. "What was going on between you too?" "Nothing we were just having a friendly conversation. Right Masa?" "Right." he replied. "Accha chalo ab dinner karlo" was all I had to say and he was off. "He's adorable." "Hmm, yeah that toh he is, peta hai my name changes everyday, one day it will be Mimi, the other it will be Masi or even mumma sometimes. " "Meera?" "Hmm." "You look beautiful" he said leaving me flustered due to the unexpected compliment. "Really you think so, I thought I looked too simple." "Nope you look perfect." "Ahem thank you um you should go inside and start getting food." "And you?" "I will come in a sec." Oh god this man will be the death of me. After my cheeks go back to normal I go in. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello my lovelies, I know this is a very late update but there was an family emergency and I have been busy in that please understand. I will do my best to update as quick as possible but it may not be everyday like before. And don't forget to vote and comment. 💖💖🥰🥰