Chapter 3 - Cocktail Party

Author's POV
"Meera beta hurry up it's almost time for puja." "Coming Aunty" Meera say as she finishes putting her earrings on. She give herself a final look and a much needed twirls and she's off. She wears a menhdi colored anarkali with work all over except the dupatta, not too simple not too fancy. Good job Meera.

Meera's Ganesh Pooja Outfit

Meera's POV

"Aunty I am here, what do you need me to do." "Aagayi bus ek kaam kardo, Kumbhakarna ko jagado." "Aree Aunty vo abhi tak jagi nahi he, hai bhagwan!" How can she still be sleeping when in a few days she will be married, I could never be able to sleep with all the stress, I think as I walk towards Tanvi's room. "Madam utho puja ka time ho gaya hai." " Kya puja ka time already maine toh abhi hi aankhen band ki thi. 5 more minutes." "Tanu no more minutes or aunty na will kill me so get up will I get your clothes out." I say as I make my way to her closet we already took her jewelry out yesterday I just have to get her saree out.
And soon the pooja came to an end ( sorry guys I feel really lazy today)
                                             ...
The first event after the pooja was the cocktail party so both grooms and brides side could mingle within each other and it would be a nice way for guest to feel welcomed and relaxed. This also meant I needed to look good today and the problem is as I didn't know if I should wear western or traditional? Though western would be more appropriate I do love traditional clothing more, but that's all I will be wearing at the rest of the events. Huh Bhagwan why did you make me a girl, you could have just made me a boy and all I would need to do is wear a suit. Okay indowestern it is!

 Okay indowestern it is!

Meera's outfit

Meera's jewelry

Meera's jewelry

"Finally I am done, now let's quickly go downstairs and meet other or aunty will skin me alive." As I was talking to all the guest Uncle (Tanvi's dad) called me. After going to him I saw he wasn't alone but with another uncle and aunty his age. So I greeted them "namaste" and waited for my uncle to introduce us or something cause this sure was getting awkward😒. "Beta this is Amar Singh Rathore, an old friend of mine, and this is his wife Aishwarya Singh Rathore. And Amar and bhabhi this my niece I was telling you about." " Nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Rathore." " Arey what is this Mr and Mrs call us uncle and aunty and your uncle here has praised you a lot and it was nice to meet you too Meera" said Aishwarya aunty. Just as I was about to reply I heard my other cousins calling me so I excused myself and went to meet them.

Author's POV
A few hours back at the Rathore mansion.
"Jhanvi tume nahi lagta ki ab Abhi ki shadi karwa dani chahiye" said Dadi to which Jhanvi replied " arey dadi me toh abse is he din ki intezar kar rahi ho ki kab me meri bahu ko is ghar me lau." "Bhabhi hum nikalte hai" said Aishwarya, " ek second tu ek kaam karna, mere Abhi ki lie vahaan ladakia tekna." " Arey bhabhi uske liye to me abse tek rehi hi hiken usko jel sake vesi ladki milti hi nahi hai, likin phir bhi dekhungi." Saying this the couple leaves for the cocktail party.
At the party
Reaching there the couple was welcomed by their old friends and between conversation Aishwarya said "bhai shab I must say you have done such a good on the decor." " Nahi bhabhi inhone toh kuch nahi kiya, yeh toh hamari bhanji ka kamal hai." said aunty (Tanvi's mom). "Bohot pyari bachi hai voh behengi" "toh toh ab phir iske liye ladka bhi dhund rahe honge." "Ha ab dhekhiana Tanvi use choti he phir bhi uski shadi pehle ho jayegi. Agar aap ke dimagh me koi lakdha ho toh bataiye na?" Said aunty. Aishwarya replied saying "pehle mujhe ladki se toh milao." "Sorry sorry abhi bolata hu Meera beta yahaan ana." Hearing this Meera quickly came and you guys know the rest.
After Meera and both of Tanvi's parents left to meet other guest both the Rathore's looked at each other and already started planning the wedding😂
                                                 ...
Back at the Rathore Mansion after the party
Author's POV

Dadi and Jhanvi were stress walking all around the living room while Tej was just looking at them in astonishment. "Aap dono bait jaye itna tension kyu le rahe hain." "Ye tension nahi hai ji yeh toh excitement hai, aaj shaiyad Aishwarya ne meri hone wali bahu ko dhund nikala hoga." And on cue both the couple entered with wide smiles on their faces. "Ladki ka naam hai Meera aur bohot pyari, sundar, aur sanskari hai. Iske alawa zyada nahi pata isi liye unhe kisi ko beja hai aur information lane ki liye." Said Aishwarya. And hearing this a huge smile came on Jhanvi's face but it dropped as soon as it came. "Humane ladki toh dhundli lekin Abhi se shadi ki bat karega kaun?" she said. "Man lo use hamne kasebhi karke manalia, lekin Meera ko bhi ha karni padegi na" argued Tej. "Abhi lado mat, ek kam karenge pehle hum Abhimanyu ko manalenge aur phir Meera aur uski family ki bhari" said Dadi and settled the situation. Everyone agreed and went to their rooms as it was already very late.
                                               ...
Next Morning

Author's POV

As it was time for breakfast the whole Rathore family was making their way to the dining room. Just as Abhimanyu reached the room an employee landed a folded paper to him saying Amar had asked for this. Naturally curiosity got the best of him and he opened the paper. While he was looking at the paper all the other elders were looking at him with fear that he might explode any moment now. But what he did next shocked everyone, he... said to read the note at the bottom please🥺🥺🥺🥺
________________________________________________________________________________
Hello reader, please don't skip this I promise it will be short. First of all thank you so much for your views and please don't forget to vote if you guys liked the chapter and if not please comment your feedback on how to improve the content. And final thing should I co to ur writing the dialogues in Hindi or should I make this and full English story?? Please comment and tell.