18: Audacity

"What the hell?!" An exclamation flies out of Deji's mouth before he immediately pulls out of me as if I am hot iron that has left a burn on his brown skin without caution. "What. The. Hell?" He repeats, this time unbelievably as he moves away from me.

My heart is in my throat, beating faster than I've ever experienced and my hands are almost shaking as I grab the bedsheet and pull it up my chest to cover my naked body. I have never in my life called another man's name whilst I had another one on top or inside me, and it all leaves me analyzing how much that man is embedded in my head.

This is a first and it's evident that Deji heard me say his name sound and clear. With his eyes locked on mine and disgust occupying all his facial features, he questions again: "Are you fucking kidding me?"

God, if looks could kill, I'd be dead.

My heart is slamming against my rib cage and I want to throw up all over this bed.

Deji

She is like a deer caught in the headlights in the middle of the night. Beads of sweat begin to form on her face even though the A/C is on and functioning properly.

We hold each other's gaze, waiting to see who will speak next... it is definitely not me because I do not know what to say to her.

I clench and unclench my jaw, lacking the words to express my irritation. I want to vomit, my skin feels tight, and I'm forced to look away from her before I do or say something that'll hurt us both.

"Deji," She calls after me as I walk away to the bathroom. "Deji, I di–" slam! The door shuts behind me.

Beverly

I sit in silence, staring at the door, ready to throw up because I do not know why he has gone to the bathroom, and I'm scared. I do not know what to say when he emerges from the bathroom, nor do I know how he might react because the way he was looking at me a few minutes ago... the urge to do something to me was glaring in his eyes.

The unimaginable and imaginable keep flooding my head. What if he comes out and tries to strangle me out of anger? I have never seen him angry and I do not know the gravity or extent he can go to hurt me this night, so, before he returns from the bathroom, I jump off the bed naked and race out of the bedroom.

Finally getting to the dining room, after missing my way twice, I manage to start gathering whatever pieces of my clothing I can find around the areas we dangerously sinned.

Quickly, I put them on. I don't know Deji well enough to predict what he'll do. Whether I'm wearing the pant backward or I'm wearing the bra incorrectly, I don't care, I just want to get dressed and run away before this man comes outside and descends on me;

I no wan trend on Twitter for any reason nor do I
want another 'Jackson situation'.

With my bag in one hand, and my shoes in the other, I aim for the door. Moving as fast as I can.

"That's the wrong door," I hear his voice behind me as I'm about to pull the door open and I turn around, startled.

"If you're gonna try to sneak away, the entrance door is that way," He says in an emotionless tone, turning on the lights in the dining area, bringing our faces to full view.

Jesus! I just want to speed past him, open the correct door and run. And as I'm running, I'll just disappear into thin air. Never to be seen again. I just want to turn into dust! God, abeg.

We're staring at each other in the most uncomfortable silence the world has ever heard of. The emotions on his face are confusing but one thing that is consistent in how he is staring into my soul is the anger and hurt in his eyes.

Bev, please apologize and just go.

I swallow. "Deji, I'm sorry. These things happen... a- and I wouldn't w-w... want it to ruin what we might have had," I speak after a deafening silence, clutching onto my purse and shoes in shame.

Shame? Okay, maybe not shame... perhaps, remorse for being so careless.

He scoffs in disbelief. "These things happen?"

"Yeah, these things... and I don't mean it in the sense that everyone goes around say–"

"–saying the name of another man when they have someone else inside them?" He sarcastically interjects, eyeing me from toe to head. "Right. I get it."

I want to roll my eyes, but I don't. "Mistakes happen,"

"A mistake is not the marinated thoughts of some Umar guy who pipes you on a norm,"

I'm triggered just by him saying the name like that. "Watch your mouth," I warn, eyeing him deviously.

"Oh! I think you should have,"

"Deji, I don't want this to drag further. I'm just gonna leave,"

"It's literally past midnight. You're crazy if you think, I'll let you leave by this time,"

I don't know if this is a threat or a safety measure but I take it as the former and begin to move toward the direction of the door he had pointed to earlier, but he grabs me by the arm and pulls me backward.

I'm reluctant, so I snatch my arm away from him. "I'm not a child,"

"It's past two fucking A.M, you can sleep in one of the bedrooms and I'll drop you off tomorrow morning,"

"No. Keep your help. I don't wanna stay. I just wanna leave,"

"To Umar's house? To finish off abi?"

I'm taken aback.

"See, I don't want to be responsible for whatever happens to you. Choose a fucking bedroom, go to sleep and you get out later in the day. What's wrong with you? Why're you acting this way "

"I'm not comfortable enough to pass a night here,"

"If I wanted to hurt you, I would've done that the moment you called another nigga's name. I'm not a piece of shit like you,"

I'm taken aback. "Deji, if you wanna–"

"—Stop saying my name," He interjects, irritated and almost yelling. "Say his name instead. Call Umar. Scream it again,"

I'm irritated. "You stop saying his name. I'm having a conversation with you so I'll say your name a hundred times, but you, stop!"

He shakes his head in shock, then chuckles, "The craziest part about this whole thing is how audacious you've been,"

"How audacious I've been?" I scoff, "Maybe get your fuckin' sex game up so it'll blow my mind sooo much that I wouldn't get a chance to think of another man doing a better job,"

I shock not only him but myself, too.

Silence.

"You've done enough today. Get out," he calmly orders.

"Gladly,"

——

I'm backkkkkkk with quadruple updates! Enjoy yourself and don't forget to tell me what you think of each chapter, I love you guys' feedback, they're so encouraging! ❤️

Also The chapters are not proofread so if you spot a mistake, just ignore it, I'll fix it when I'm less busy x