6: Neon Lights

Disclaimer: This chapter is written in the third person's POV.

Also, comment all of your opinions and thoughts, they give me the energy to update faster plus I love replying comments. Also, if you haven't followed me on Wattpad, please do.

Okay, you may now proceed... bye 💕

————————

. . .

"...We'll set a proper date for the contract," Zayyad says to Yusuf after making a final decision concerning the club. He did not need much convincing, all he had to do was walk into the building and he was sold, not only by the interior design and structure but also by the number of people inside, and those queuing outside for entrance grants.

Yusuf's face is invaded by a grin of pride and satisfaction, the tension he had been feeling for the last thirty minutes washes off him. "When is it convenient for you though? I heard you'll be leaving soon," He says, adjusting the Fula on his head as he relaxes into the white couch of the VVIP private lounge. My guy can now breathe.

"I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon, but Deji will update me..." Zayyad looks at his partner who is sitting next to Yusuf, grinning at his phone, "...abi Deji?"

Deji whose attention has been divided since the beginning of the meet-up takes his eyes off the phone and looks at them. "Yes, I'll finalize it,"

"Good," is Zayyad's reply.

"So..." Yusuf claps his hands with a grin, "we're good abi?"

"Yeah, yeah, we are," Zayyad affirms with a handshake.

Soon, enough the men are laughing at a joke one of them makes and courtesy is flying around. In between the chitter-chatter, Yusuf tells them: "You can look around for fine babes o,"

Deji laughs. "This one's married na, his wife will shoot people, abeg o,"

Zayyad chuckles because Deji is right. Nabila is worse than a rabid dog when she rages, and his business partner is aware of this because he has witnessed her spark for the littlest things like a waiter getting her order wrong.

"Least I forget, Yusuf, I love the sizes of the private lounges, they're perfect," Zayyad commends.

"Thank you, very much appreciated. My cousin designed the place," Yusuf replies with a smile. "You can see a lot happening downstairs just from here. Feel free to check out the view."

Zayyad lets his curiosity get the best of him, walking away from Deji and Yusuf over to the spot where almost everything can be monitored from up here.

He's astonished by the view of the dance floor which is flooded with whatever kind of party animal you can think of, from the women down to the men, everyone is feeling the DJ and vibing to whatever he is playing.

He leans on the railing, watching strangers enjoy themselves like there's no tomorrow and a smile takes over his face... not from the fact that people are having fun but because Yusuf has no idea that their help isn't needed here... I mean, look at this place... it's running perfectly. How and why did Yusuf even reach out to Deji? He thinks, but who cares though? It's business and if he's ready to sell the stakes, they're willing to buy.

The DJ makes a clean switch from Tekno's Enjoyment to Davido's Gobe and the majority goes crazy. It's like opening a Time Capsule of memories, everyone is probably remembering where they were at the time of the song's release. They are singing along and the dance floor looks like it might break with the way some people are leg-working, shaku-shaku-ing, jumping with a bottle of whatever in their hand, grinding, and whining.