Chapter - 16

Once Ziya reached home, out of habit she greeted the empty home, " I am home Mom and Dad. "

As usual she went upstairs to keep her bag in her study room, freshen up and tidied herself before she headed to the kitchen and start prepping for her Dinner.

Today she decided to make Lasagna, she boiled the Lasagna noodles while she started preparing the meat sauce ready in a separate pan. Next she evenly layered the lasagna noodles in a greased cake pan.

She made sure to keep half layers in the pan while the other half out. Next she added a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese as a base layer on top of the noodles, next she added the meat sauce which she prepared by tomato sauce, tomato paste and tomato slices in it.

She covered the meat layer with the excess noodles she had left. She then added another cheese filling which included melted cheese, freshly chopped basil leave, egg, butter, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg for the flavoring.

Once she covered the meat layers with the cheese filling, she then added another layer of meat and repeated the process. Finally, she folded the lasagna noodles on top and nestled it nicely.

Lastly, she put the cake pan filled with lasagna into the pre heated oven for about 45 minutes. The Lasagna recipe was now finished and she was ready to have dinner. She removed the lasagna noodles from the cake pan and cut them into slices.

She saw that she cooked more than she could finish. So, she decided to pack Lasagna noodles for tomorrow's lunch at workplace. The dish turned out to be super crispy and amazingly delicious.

She was content with the end result. Just like yesterday, she went up to her room and wrote her diary noting down all the details on how the day was. Once done, she headed back down and had her dinner.

After dinner, she washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen before she headed back to her room, she recalled that tomorrow will be Leslie's last day at work. She felt that, she needs to celebrate this occasion.

Though she has not known Leslie for a longer time, she was still hoping to give her a farewell present. She thought on what she could do when suddenly she decided to bake a cake for her. It might not be perfect like bakery but she can make it edible.

Ziya started baking the chocolate cake from the ingredients she had. Once she baked the cake, she decorated it with the whipped cream and gems on top of it with a message saying happy life.

Once she looked at how beautiful the cake has turned out to be, she wrapped it up and packed it up to put it near her bag. Ziya once again cleaned the mess she had created while baking, washed the dishes, and cleaned the entire kitchen making it spotless.

Ziya took one final look at the spotless kitchen, the cake she baked and wrapped it up nicely before calling it a day. Ziya then set her alarm for the morning while she drifted off to her dreamland where she was quite happy and she slept peacefully for the entire night.

The sleep at night was quiet and serene, Ziya didn't dream of anything today and has a peaceful sleep the entire night. The next day, Ziya woke up from listening to the alarm ringing, signaling for her that, it's time to wake up.

Ziya turned her alarm off, stretched her limbs and went to the restroom, brushed her teeth, took a shower and headed downstairs towards the kitchen.

She made coffee for herself and a breakfast with a hashbrown and a bagel. After having her breakfast, she cleaned the kitchen, put her lunch box in her bag along with the cake she baked for Leslie and headed towards her workplace.

Just as she reached outside the main entrance door. she headed and had the buzzer call for the desk. This time around Leslie was the one who answered the buzzer call.

Leslie: Good morning, Leslie here. How can I help you?

Ziya smiled listening at Leslie's words and replied back, " Good morning Leslie. How are you doing today? I am Ziya. Can I come in? "

Leslie laughed and said, " You are always welcome in the building Ziya. Please come on in. "

With a sound of the beep, Ziya pushed the door open and went towards the desk. She smiled at Leslie and said, " You didn't reply to my question on how are you doing today? "

Leslie smiled at Ziya and said, " I was good till now but seeing you graciously presenting yourself in front of me, I am now great. "

Ziya laughed at her remarks and said, " I will be right back after setting my back pack in the cabinets into the back room. "

Ziya went to the back room and she settled her stuff down as usual and headed towards the desk. She carefully closed the back door and safely secured it before she headed towards Leslie.

She looked at Leslie and asked her, " Umm.. Leslie, do you know where is Chris? I mean I haven't seen him yet. "

Leslie replied, " Oh! you didn't know about that, it's just that Chris called me in the morning and informed that he is stuck in the traffic on highways as there was a massive accident.

" Luckily, he is not the one who is harmed but the traffic is huge that, he is still probably stuck there until the traffic clears out. "

Hearing this, Ziya nodded her head affirmatively but a bit later, she started having panic attacks remembering the events of how her parents also died in the car accident on a rainy day which has impacted her with a trauma on whenever she hears about the accidents.

As minutes passed, she started profusely sweating followed by trembling and tingling in her arms as she was having severe anxiety leading to panic attacks.

Leslie noticed the discomfort Ziya was having and she instantly went towards her and asked, " Ziya, are you alright? What is happening to you? "

Ziya couldn't reply back to her as she was still panicking. Leslie saw the scenario and didn't knew what to do? So, she right away went towards Ziya and hold her in her arms hugging her tightly.

Leslie's motherly instinct kicked in and she started consoling Ziya like she was her own baby girl. Leslie softly whispered in her ears, " Shh.. shh.. shh... calm down. Eventually everything will be alright. "

Leslie's efforts didn't work much on Ziya's condition, her trembling was more intense and her body was shaking quite a lot.

Leslie asked Ziya in a worried voice, " Sweety, why are you in so much pain. Tell me, what's wrong? "

Ziya looked at her blankly and tremblingly before she could say anything, Aziel walked in and looked at the situation.

Aziel pointed his index finger at Ziya and asked Leslie, " What's wrong with her Leslie? Why is she shaking too much? "

Leslie looked at Aziel and mentioned, " I do not know, what is happening to her. A moment ago, she was talking with me cheerfully and a bit later I saw her in this state. It's heart wrenching for me to see her suffering like this. "