Done With Doing Nothing

I peeled the bandage off my leg. The skin around the stab wound was bruised. I heaved a breath of courage and put my cold fingers on it. I gasped. The wound was hot and my cold fingers felt unnatural. It brought a different type of pain, one that didn't necessarily feel bad.

I took my fingers off and grabbed the wet rag. I gently put it on my leg and wiped the blood away. I bit my lip trying not to move.

I can't do anything about my back. Not by myself. Every movement pulls at my skin.

My pain tolerance must be top-notch because I should be feeling much worse than I do. Yes, I feel like I was hit by a train and my whole body is sore but normally you feel sore after a couple of days. It feels like I'm already healing. It probably a side effect of Brava's quirk. That would be really convenient.

I wiped most of the blood off my leg and put a new bandage around the cut. It stings, but I would rather have it sting than get another infection.

Because I feel like I've been healing at a faster rate, the coloring of my bruises would make sense. They look days old. There were purple, green, and some were even black. Almost none are red.

I looked at the slash Stain had made on my arm. It's weird. It's not as bad as I had first thought. My emotions must have made every injury more noticeable, but the adrenaline in my blood dulled the pain.

I pushed myself off the dusty blankets. I had made this hiding spot a couple of years back when I was working on a case in Hosu. Didn't know it would come in handy. Last time I was here was also a couple years ago. The place was unclean, musty, and dark.

Needing something to distract my mind. I pulled out my phone to check the news. My brain caught up and I grumble. Brava bought me a flip phone. A burner. It doesn't have the news. Or anything to keep distracted on.

Not only was I stuck here. I also didn't know what was happening out there. I'm stuck, injured, and board. It's not a very good combination.

I don't know if I can meet Brava at the randevu point. I think we should push it back just in case. It feels wrong meeting up so soon.

I took advantage of my flip phone turning to the one contact I had.

"Hey, I don't know if I will be able to make it." I texted.

The reply was quick.

"Izuku! What do you mean you're not going to make it? Where are you! I'll come right now."

"Oh no. I don't mean like that. I mean laying low. I don't know what's going on out there. I've tucked myself away. I'm just tired. Also, does your quirk improve healing?"

"Okay. I'll give you a quick update. Everyone is going crazy. The footage of the Nomus was leaked. People are scared. That's not the worst part. The footage I took wasn't the only footage of stain. I missed a camera. There was one security camera that I missed and now it has been uploaded onto the internet and has become viral."

"It wasn't the full fight, only the part where you got stabbed twice and saved everyone's life. It's been confirmed to be accurate footage. People are going crazy about you. The Phantom is on every media. They are demanding to know who you are. Eyewitnesses and victims are speaking up. But there are also a lot of people calling you dangerous. It's good you're laying low. If people see your injuries they might put two and two together."

"Thanks for telling me. I will be moving locations tomorrow and I will keep a low profile for a while. I'm going to go off the grid."

"Not with me you aren't. I will keep you updated."