"Yeah, I'll be fine," Killian replied.

He carefully inspected each device that was in the box and noticed the GPS tracker.

"There's no point in disabling this. They already know where we are and disabling this would just alert them that it is no longer under Marcu's possession." Killian said.

"What do we do then?" Elio asked.

"Just stay here with me. The others know what to do. There's an entrance to a tunnel in this room. When I'm sure that the path is safe, we'll escape," he said.

"Where will we go?" Elio asked.

"This isn't our only base. Most of them are already on their way but I have to stay here for a while," Killian said as he grabbed a remote and pointed it at the wall.

The wood panel lifted up, revealing multiple monitors behind. It captures almost every single hallway in the home and the outside. There were also cameras that are pointed meters away from the date, pointing at the road leading to the manor. 

"They're here," Killian muttered as a convoy of black vehicles entered the frame.

Killian grabbed the two-way radio as Cole's voice was heard from the radio.

"Boss, Marcus is gone. The guards that were supposed to bring him are dead," Cole reported.

"You have any idea where he might be?" Killian asked.

"No, boss. This man is skilled. They were no traces left behind," Cole replied.

"Okay, we can deal with him later. Make sure that everyone is in position and the rest are safely evacuated," Killian commanded through the radio.

"Yes, boss."

"Tell, the rest that they've entered our proximity. There's around thirty of them," Killian said as men piled out of the vehicles.

Elio watched the screen in confusion. 

"There's nobody inside," Elio pointed out.

"You don't have to see them to tell that they're there," Killian smirked. "Those are the S.W.A.T. team, a good number of my men are former police, military, S.W.A.T., etc."

Killian stood up, biting the inside of his cheek to hide the immense pain that radiated throughout his body. He walked over to where the entrance of the tunnel is and opened it.

"Elio, I need you to go here. Just move forward and you'll be safe with the rest," Killian said as he pulled Elio to the entrance. 

"Wait, you're not coming?" Elio asked.

"I need to watch over them. I can't fight so this is the least I could do."

"No, Killian don't be stupid. Just come with me," Elio tried convincing Killian.

"No, I can't," Killian shook his head. "Look at it this way, if you escape and I don't come back alive, you're free to go."

Elio stood in front of Killian, staring at him in shock. He was conflicted. Killian didn't want to let him go but all of a sudden he was okay with letting him go. Elio didn't want to leave Killian. As much as he refused to admit it, he still cared for him. He didn't want to lose him again. As Elio was lost in thought, Killian pushed him inside the tunnel and locked the door behind him. Elio fell to the ground with a thud but he quickly got up and tried to open the entrance.

"Killian, open the fucking door!" Elio screamed but it was futile.

Killian couldn't hear him. He took the remote and pressed a button. A wooden panel went down, covering the entrance door, concealing it from plain sight. He needed to let Elio go. If he had done it before, he could do it again. The door to the safe room burst open, revealing Marcus. Killian made sure that the entrance to the safe room was seen so that he could trap Marcus here with him and with a press of a button, all the exits are no longer accessible.

"Where the fuck is Elio?" Marcus screamed as he pointed a gun at Killian.

"You're a bit too late. He's gone," Killian calmly replied as he sat back down on the chair.

"You're stupid to let me in your manor," Marcus taunted. " Maybe I would've left you alone if you didn't take Elio from me."

Killian's eyes snapped over to Marcus. "What do you  mean?"

"I was going to take Elio away from all of this, but you  fucking ruined it. I was going to retire and live a normal life with him like he always wanted. I know that son of a bitch Lorenzo was too much of a coward to give what Elio needed," Marcus explained. "I wasn't going to infiltrate your group and rat you out if you just left Elio alone but you're too selfish that you just had to take him away from me."

"Are you in love with him?" Killian calmly asked. 

"Yes!" Marcus exclaimed. "You don't fucking know how long I have waited to finally be with him. I made sure that his husband will be the one to carry out the mission so that you could kill his husband but he didn't hate you. I tried acting like I was okay with him falling in love with you again but I was fuming on the inside. I hated that instead of falling in love with me, he fell back in love with you! You fucking ruined every-"

A shot rang through the room and Marcus fell to the ground with a loud thus as he screamed in pain. His gun fell to the floor as he clutched his bleeding arm.

"You might want to consult another architect or something," Elio said as jumped down from the ventilation. 

"Elio, you're stubborn as always," Killian chuckled. 

Elio just rolled his eyes and pointed the gun at Marcus but he just laughed.

"You had never killed anyone Elio. Don't kid yourself-"

Another shot rang and the bullet landed in Marcus' thigh.

"You know, maybe we need to change that," Elio said as he pointed the gun at Marcus' head.

"Go ahead, we both know you can't do it," Marcus laughed. 

"I can't, but he can."

In a split second, a bullet shot through his head. Elio watched as Marcus dropped to the floor lifeless. 

"You okay?" Killian asked as he stood beside Elio.

"I trusted him," Elio grieved.

"I know. Let's go. Let them find his body."

Elio just nodded and let Killian guide him back to the tunnel. It was a lot to process. Elio didn't know how to feel. He just knew that he needed to move forward.