Chapter 5: The Charmeleon who Dreamed of Flying

(Music for this chapter)

Javi is talking to Gardevoir; she has intertwined her mind with Javi's and Charmeleon's, so that the 3 of them can communicate telepathically.
Javi is going to tell Gardevoir the story of how he met Charmeleon.
Charmeleon looks at Javi for a moment and extends his hand, as if he was greeting him.

Charmeleon: Hello Javi

Then looks at Gardevoir

How are you, Gardevoir? My name is Charmeleon

Javi: Charmeleon! It feels weird to be able to communicate like this, right?
Listen... I come from a place where Pokemon aren't real.
One ordinary night, I went to sleep in my bed, but... when I woke up I appeared in this world, where humans and Pokemon live together...
Not understanding where I was, with no friends, no family... I started looking for how to survive, and while I was learning about this place, one night I saw a group of criminals... Team Rocket.
One of them, a Team Rocket Grunt, was battling another trainer, and the Grunt was defeated.
Frustrated and furious at his defeat, the Grunt brought out the first Pokemon he used in battle; it was a Charmeleon... which had a dark aura around it.
The Grunt insulted him, beat him, and tortured him... He destroyed Charmeleon's Pokeball and pushed him to the ground, repeating that he wasn't strong and didn't deserve to be on his team...
That Charmeleon... is the one with us...

Charmeleon looks at Javi, amazed by his story. He then looks at Gardevoir, slightly embarrassed; he lowers his head, as if he was angry.

Charmeleon: Yes, the story is real and it's mine. I was the Charmeleon of a Team Rocket Grunt, a Grunt who didn't really think of me as a partner.
I was a Pokemon that was mad at myself

Javi: After the Grunt abandoned Charmeleon, the whole group left, and I went over to see him... Charmeleon was very hurt, and when I wanted to heal him, he attacked me.
I noticed the dark aura again, and realized that this was Team Rocket's fault...
They manipulated Pokemon to make them stronger, more aggressive... but in exchange, they were also more vulnerable to attacks.
It was never something these Pokemon chose, and the more I tried to help Charmeleon, the more he attacked me...

Charmeleon: That's right... Team Rocket trained me to be stronger and more aggressive, but they didn't care if that was bad and if it could hurt me.
If I didn't obey, they would hurt me too
That's why I didn't have many people who loved me before... My only owner was that Grunt who abandoned me, and he told me that I was very weak...

Javi: After that, something very interesting happened... As I kept trying to help Charmeleon, there came a time when he attacked me with less strength.
I didn't understand if it was because he was getting weaker, or if he was beginning to accept my attempt to help him.
Until suddenly, his gaze changed... the dark aura began to fade and he looked more... gentle...
Can you imagine the joy of seeing him accept my help? But unfortunately, after a few seconds, he passed out... and I carried him to look for help, and after several minutes, I found a Pokemon Center, where he was treated for hours