34.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ Ta'kari POV ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

Holy fucking shit.

I can hardly breathe as we glide back towards the bay of Awa'atlu.

I can hardly believe Aonung and I kissed.

I had imagined it a million times, wonderful times, and never would I have ever thought it would take place after me saving his life then punching him a fair few times and then crying uncontrollably.

But it had been better than any of those million dreams.

We had fit perfectly around each other, and I'm fighting an itch to just ignore our injuries and find some deserted beach somewhere.

But before those thoughts can take over, the lights of Awa'atlu come into view, and I reluctantly glide into the bay.

The horn sounds as we ride in, and I can already see several people gathering at the edge of the village.

"Aonung!" Tsireya cries, hugging her brother as soon as we get off the water.

Aonung looks slightly taken aback by the embrace, and I give him a pointed look. He reluctantly hugs Tsireya back before shoving her away to awkwardly meet his parents fuming gaze.

"Where have you been?" Tonowari booms.

"We've been worried sick," Ronal adds. "About you and Ta'kari."

"I went hunting," Aonung says quietly. "I was attacked by an akula, and Ta'kari saved me."

Everyone's gazes sharply turn to me, and I shift awkwardly.

"Uh, yeah. Tsireya said he might be at Three Brothers Rock, and I went to look for him there. Lucky I found him, I guess."

"Lucky," Ronal hisses, rounding on her son. "You endangered yourself. And Ta'kari. What would have happened if BOTH our future Olo'eyktan and Tsahìk were killed because you decided to hunt alone outside the reef?"

Aonung hangs his head, shifting.

"Mum," Tsireya says, after a few moments of tense silence falls. "Ta'kari's hurt."

"I'm fine," I shrug, but Aonung shakes his head.

"Come on," he says, gently taking my arm and leading me into the Tsahìk's hut. "We should get that looked at."

"No, I-"

Aonung cuts me off with a look, and I reluctantly let him lead me inside.

Ronal follows, eyes following Aonung and I carefully.

"Here, sit," he says. 

"I'm fine," I grumble, but Tsireya just pushes me down.

"Reya," Aonung says strictly. "Don't be rough."

"I'm really fine Aonung," I say, smiling. "You don't have to act so gentle all of a sudden."

Aonung just rolls his eyes and steps back so Ronal can look at my injuries.

"What made this," she says, nodding to the wound in my shoulder.

"The akula," I shrug. "It bit me."

"No shit," Tsireya says.

I stick my tongue out at her.

"Well, I can easily fix it, but you should stay here for a few at least twenty minutes," Ronal says. "The paste I use needs the moonlight, and this is probably where you'll get the most of it in the most comfortable way."