2.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ Ta'kari POV ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

"Mom!" I scream, leaping from my ilu and sprinting through the village. 

The ship draws closer with every breath, and I can hear the worried screams and horrified mutters of my people.

Children are crying and everyone is scattering, but our brains are to scrambled to process any logical thought.

I can only think to find my mom. She'll know what to do.

"Mom!" I cry again, finally spotting her scooping a child up and passing it on to another woman, instructing her to keep him safe.

"Ta'kari!" My mom sighs in feeble relief, dragging me into a hug. "Where were you?"

"What's going on?" I sob, glancing out at the ocean. 

The ship is in the bay now, and I can start to make out figures on it; humans and what looks like forest na'vi. 

No. Avatars.

"Ta'kari, stay calm," my mom says, as I draw my knife and wipe my face dangerously. "We cannot look like a threat to them or they will attack."

"What do they want?" I say desperately, as my father approaches.

"Be calm, my people," he booms, holding his arms out as the avatars and humans land.

But there is no space for calm in the following mess.

The invaders speak no words to us, simply attacking. They rummage through the village and grab Na'vi. 

I watch helplessly as my father restrains me, forcing me to tuck away my knife before anyone sees it and mistakes me for a threat.

Then the weapons come out, blazing blue light searing into Na'vi skin.

"No!" I shout, as they grab a familiar figure. "Ka'yi!"

I can see my best friend restrained between two avatars whilst a human burns her with the mysterious weapon.

Ka'yi's screams of pain are torturous to hear, and I scream too, tossing one avatar aside and leaping in front of Ka'yi so the next stab scorches me instead.

The pain is unimaginable, more than I've ever felt in my whole life.

I can feel and hear and see my skin scorching and blood pouring from the wound, illuminated by the menacing light of the weapon.

"Ta'kari!" Ka'yi whimpers, but she's too weak to move.

"No," a voice says, and the weapon instantly releases.

I can still feel the ghost of pain scorching my side, but a hand quickly pulls me up from the queue and drags me across the beach to my parents, who are held kneeling on the ground.

"Let go of me," I hiss, clawing at the avatar holding my neck, slowly cutting off my breath, but he just chuckles from far above me as he chucks my limp figure to the ground.

"I'll ask you again," he smirks. "Where is Jake Sully?"

He says the words in english, and I frown, being one of the only english speakers in Ta'unui.

"Who?" I say, glaring up at him.

"Let her go," a voice pleads, and to my surprise, it isn't any na'vi. It's a human boy in na'vi clothing, gazing imploringly up at the avatar. "She's just a kid."

"Tell me where Jake Sully is, or we kill the Tsakarem of Ta'unui," the avatar says coldly, and his words process in my mind a moment before my face is shoved into the sand, a gun held at the back of my head.

"No!" My parents bellow.

"He's not here!" I scream. "We don't-"

"Lies," the avatar hisses, and I cry out in pain as he slams my head into the floor again.

"Let her go," the boy pleads, and I can hear the desperate cries of my people as they watch me getting held against the ground.

"Ta'kari," my mom whispers in Na'vi, so quietly only I can hear. "You need to leave."

"What?" I hiss back.

"In a moment, when I give you a chance. Warn the other clans."

"No," I say, tears threatening to spill. "No, I won't-"

"Ta'kari, there is no hope except for you. Go to Awa'atlu. Warn the Metkayina. Stay safe."

"No!" I scream in Na'vi, and everyone turns to look at me.

"Go!" my mother screams, and she launches herself at the avatar.

"Mom!" I scream, but she has shoved me away and out of sight.

"Go Ta'kari!" my dad bellows.

I let out a dry sob, but there is no time for hesitation. I sprint off, hair flying and voice aching from my suppressed cries of pain at every step.

"No!" the avatar booms, and I can see shadows following me. 

The only way to lose them is in the water, so I dive in, screaming at the intense pain of salt water on my wounds.

Rei'ka is there suddenly, so I grip onto her, wrapping my arms tight and holding my breath fiercely.

When we finally surface minutes later, we're far out of the bay, and I can't see anything in sight.

"Mom," I sob, but Rei'ka seems to understand the urgency and submerges again, no doubt towards Awa'atlu.

Towards Aonung.

The stupid fucking skxawng won't be happy to see me. Definitely won't be happy to have me weak and vulnerable in his village, where I most definitely won't be in the best of moods.

I have no intention of staying safe now.

I will fucking kill every last avatar and human if my mother is dead. If my father has been killed. If Ka'yi is slaughtered.

But the pain is unbearable, and I can already feel everything fading.

Or maybe numbing.

Either way, I can't feel anything except unbridled rage as my gaze blackens.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ 

We're about to hear from Aonung, and just remember the story gets better once they start interacting, I just need to set it all up.

Vote if you enjoy, but I know its not great yet 😁