22.

⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆ Ta'kari POV ⋆☾⋆࿔࿐⋆𓇼⋆࿐ ࿔⋆☾⋆

I groan into my pillow.

"What's wrong," Tsireya says, scrunching her face at me from her mat beside mine.

"Nothing," I say quickly.

"Is it my stupid brother?" Tsireya says, firing up instantly. "I told him if he fucked with you-"

"Why would he fuck with me," I say, rolling my eyes and turning over to face her. 

"Are you serious?" she says, frowning. "Are you completely oblivious?"

"Like you said I was being oblivious with Ta'ru?"

"You were being oblivious with Ta'ru," Tsireya corrects. "And I'm the one that helped you two get together."

"Sh," I hiss, leaping on top of her to cover her mouth.

Tsireya just rolls her eyes and bites my finger, and I hiss at her.

"You should be eternally greatful for me," Tsireya says, rolling her eyes. "I'm your number one wingman."

"And why was that?" I say, blinking at her still pinned underneath me.

"Because if my slutty brother was getting around, the least I could do was help you do the same."

"Oh Eywa," I say, wrinkling my nose at my friend. "You shouldn't be calling my mate slutty, or imply that I am too."

"Oh?" Tsireya says, smirking. "So I just imagined all the stuff you did with Ta'ru-"

She yelps as I leap onto her again, this time making furious gestures for her to shut up.

"Is everything alright in there?" Ronal's voice calls, and I freeze.

"Yeah mum," Tsireya calls back. "We're just... stretching."

I hear Ronal grumble something, and Tsireya turns back to me.

"Why do you want me to be quiet?" Tsireya says, wrinkling her nose. "You should make Aonung jealous, that would totally work."

"I'm not going to use my dead ex to try to make my future mate jealous," I say stiffly, instantly sobering and rolling off Tsireya.

"Ta'kari," Tsireya says quietly, her ears instantly folding back. "I'm sorry... that's not what I-"

"I know," I say, trying to force a reassuring smile onto my face. "I was just joking."

"But I-"

"Tsireya," I say, smiling and holding her hands. "I'm fine, really."

"All... alright," she says unconvincingly. 

"Besides, why would I make Aonung jealous? It wouldn't ever work."

"Uh, because he's totally in love with-"

"Yeah but who?" I say, squinting and grinning at Tsireya.

"What?" Tsireya says, squinting back.

"Who's the lucky girl?"

"What are you talking about?" she says disbelievingly.

"Ugh, you don't have to pretend," I say. "I heard your conversation with Aonung before."

"And you think he loves someone else?" Tsireya screeches incredulously.

"Well... yeah?"

Tsireya dissolves into derisive laughter.