Chapter Seventeen - Good For A Test Run

Start from the beginning

They were silent for a minute or so. Isla didn't know what was going on in Arturo's mind while he was still inside of her like this, but she was comfortable, and now the warmth and the post orgasmic buzz humming in her blood was starting to make her eyes droop.

Then Arturo kissed her cheek, pulling some of her hair away from her neck and letting his lips graze there as well. "Good for a test run."

Isla's sleepy eyes snapped open. "What?"

She tried to look back at him. It was difficult to read emotion in a man's eyes and face when she had to angle her head so much.

He was definitely smiling, however. The satisfaction in it really bothered her. "I said that was good for a test run. Tomorrow I'll expect you to do better."

"What are you talking about? I did great!"

She'd been talking and moaning loud, egging him on, thrusting back, telling him what she'd wanted.

"What more do you need?"

He shrugged. "Not a lot, but you'll figure it out soon enough."

She didn't get it. "And if I don't?"

He looked right into her eyes. "If you can't figure it out before the end of the four weeks, then I reserve the right to cancel the contract."

*****

Isla had gone back to her room that night, her hair a mess, her body covered in dry sweat and smelling of sex, and her clothes stretched and rumpled in so many places as she tried to sneak back without the help of Martina. She'd kept her shoes in her hands along the way just to prevent any loud clicking noises that would give her away. There had been a couple of mirrors along the halls for decoration. She was afraid to look into them to see how badly her makeup was. She could already see through each parting glimpse that her hair was all over the place.

Fantastic.

Fortunately, in a house filled with full time staff and servants, Isla managed to get back to her room without being seen.

She shut and locked her door when she'd safely returned, and then heaved a heavy sigh.

Stupid Arturo. Why the hell did a man who looked like that have to be so damned frustrating? They'd just had good sex. Well, Isla had thought it was good sex, but he wanted more?

Isla rushed over to her bed. Her bags were waiting for her on the floor beside it, and she unzipped her luggage and searched frantically around for her copy of the contract.

She nearly tore her bag apart until she found it.

"What are you talking about, Calendri?" she asked, flipping through the pages.

It looked about the same as it had the last time she'd seen it. There was nothing in here that suggested he was secretly a master and wanted to do any heavy BDSM things to her. Thank God. Isla knew nothing about that life style and wasn't too sure she wanted to dip her toes into it.