28. Before Time Stops

At the Crime Scene

Officer Lou got out of his police car and he saw his partner and he had an expression that looked scared. He followed his partner into the house and saw blood trails and other police officers taking photos. Officer Lou shoved past them and his eyes widened at the sight of Julie's head being inside the toilet and he knew right there, the killer had drowned her. Of course he knew who Julie was, he recognizes her since she's friends with Danielle and they both were around Blair. "Do we know this one, Lou?" His partner asked. Officer Lou took a nervous deep breath and he nodded, "not really her name, just a familiar face" he replied.

With Blair

Blair was still sitting by Christine feeling completely heartbroken by earlier. Although she barely got to do much with him, she still never excluded him from her perspective with others. Blair's never felt this guilty, shamed, and upset in her life and she never knew that it would happen at a place where all she wanted was a fresh start. Christine's eyes slowly opened and Blair took notice and scooted away a bit to give her some space. Christine saw Blair and she sat up with that upset face from earlier. They both sat in silence for a minute before Christine said something, "you know...I never saw the point in living either" she said.

Blair just stared off as she had to fight back her tears to not come out again. "But when I met Seth," Christine's eyes had tears forming in her eyes, "he showed me that there was by being in my life" she finished as the tears rolled down her cheeks. Blair couldn't take it, she covered her face with her hands as the tears came down without control and she cried quietly. "He was my first and he said that I was, too" she said. Blair knew that the amount of tears she was crying, belonged to Christine since he was her boyfriend and she was just his friend. But it hurt...

"I know that your mom wants us to go to the memorial to pay our respects and all, but this week hasn't been well" Christine said to her. "Yeah, I don't wanna go at all" Blair said back. Christine layed her head on the couch and closed her eyes, "Chrissi?" Christine opened her eyes and turned her head towards Blair. Blair took a deep breath, "do you promise not to leave me while they're trying to find that bastard?" She asked Christine. Christine looked at her a bit sadly, "I'm not that good at making promises, but this is something that I'm serious about," she then held Blair's hand, "I'll be by your side the whole time" she finished. They both had tears forming in their eyes and they hugged eachother.

...

8:50 PM

Blair's mother came inside the house and saw Christine and Blair laying down on the couch. "Girls, Officer Lou is on his way" she said. "Funny, we're not going" Blair said back. "Okay, look, I know that this week has been a crock of shit and all, but don't you think-" "no, mom," Blair stood up, "don't YOU think?! Huh?! Ali's dead, Jennifer's dead, Ian's dead, Seth's dead! And you want us to go out right now?!" Blair said. "YOU KNOW WHAT, BLAIR?! YOU'VE BEEN WOUNDED IN THE GOD DAMN HEART EVER SINCE WE MOVED HERE, SO THEN MAYBE YOU'RE THE REASON FOR ALL OF THIS, YEAH?!" Her mom yelled.

Blair's eyes widened at her words and Christine sat up and looked at Blair's mom shocked. Her mom also realized what she said and her eyes widened, too. "Honey I-" "I'm wounded in the heart?! YOU'RE SAYING THAT I'M THE ONE WHO'S WOUNDED IN THE GODDAMN FUCKING HEART?!" Blair screamed as tears poured out and she threw the telephone on the ground. "SAYS WHO, MOM?! SAYS FUCKING WHO?! ATLEAST I GAVE A SHIT AND WAS OUTSIDE WATCHING ALI AND YOU WERE ALL UP INSIDE THE MOTHERFUCKING HOUSE KISSING YOUR OWN ASS!" Blair screamed. "DROP THE LANGUAGE AND KEEP YOUR REALIZATION TO YOURSELF IF YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE MORE CAPABLE THAN ME!" Her mom yelled.