Mischief Unmanaged

Start bij het begin

"I get that."

"But, I miss you guys," Marlene said. "So, bear with me. I'll be back to my usual self soon."

"Marls, that's not what we're worried about. Take your time." Jayce assured her.

"It just makes me so angry to think about what happened," Marlene said. "Like, yeah, I'm sad, but I'm also hella pissed."

"Would you like to talk about it right now?" Jayce asked.

Marlene thought for a minute.

"To be honest, not really. There's really nothing I can do about it, especially all by myself. I'd only make myself get angrier if I think or talk about it." Marlene revealed.

"So, distractions are your solutions for now?"

"For now." Marlene nodded.

"Well, I've got the perfect distraction for you," Jayce said, piquing Marlene's interest.

"What is it?"

Jayce chuckled and shook her head.

"I can't just ruin a surprise for you."

Marlene gave Jayce a quizzical look. But, in the end, what could happen in trusting Jayce?

"Alright, where is this surprise?"

Jayce grinned widely before taking Marlene's hand and leading her out of the room.

Marlene still couldn't figure out what the surprise would be as they walked out of the Gryffindor common room and made their way to the Great Hall.

Once they entered the Great Hall, Jayce looked around to find the specific person she had in mind.

"Where in the world...?" Jayce muttered to herself, squinting her eyes a little to focus more.

"Don't you have class?" Marlene asked, realizing that not a lot of people were in the Great Hall like usual.

"I do, but so do you," Jayce said, still looking around. "And you're more important."

Skipping class wasn't unusual.

Marlene chuckled as Jayce continued to look around.

And then, Jayce jumped in excitement before pulling Marlene with her to a table.

Upon reaching the table, Marlene's eyes widened.

Pandora!

"Pan!" Marlene immediately pulled the older girl into a bone-crushing hug, which was most definitely reciprocated.

Jayce chuckled, watching her two friends being reunited.

This would definitely lift Marlene's spirits.

"I've missed you so much!" Pandora exclaimed, still not letting go.

"So much has happened!" Marlene pulled away. "You're married, you left the damned Mafloy household, of course, you're a Lovegood now, which is so much better-"

Yep.

"Calm down." Pandora chuckled. "Let's sit down and talk."

Marlene excitedly sat down, eager to catch up with her old friend.

Pandora knew about what had happened to Marlene's family, but upon learning how Marlene was affected by it, she decided not to bring it up.

Jayce had brought Pandora over to make sure Marlene ate properly and forgot about what happened to her family just for a little while.

"Jayce, this is the best surprise ever." Marlene turned to Jayce. "But, how in the world did you sneak her into Hogwarts? Sneaking into a common room is one thing, but sneaking into Hogwarts?"