Character Short: Y/N

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "Get rid of that thing! I don't ever want to see it again!"

Qrow is baffled by his hostile demeanor towards a sword.

Qrow: "Why? It's just a sword."

Y/N: "That thing is cursed! I want nothing to do with it! It only brings nothing but bad luck!"

Qrow: "Bad luck, huh. Kid, are you okay?"

Y/N: "My name's Y/N! Not kid! And the sword is the reason the Grimm showed up and invaded my hometown!"

Qrow: "Okay, calm down, ki- I mean, Y/N. Look, I'll put it away."

Y/N: "What?! No, don't-!"

Before he could finish, Qrow put Grimm Slayer in the closet much to Y/N's irritation. As he did, he looked at the window, seeing that it was getting dark. 

Qrow: "Alright, you need to get some rest for today. We'll talk about what to do with you tomorrow, okay?"

Y/N just groans and slowly lays in bed.

Y/N: "Ugh, fine."

As Qrow takes his chair to a corner, he ponders over how his demeanor changes in an instant once he sees the sword. He thinks that he's just overreacting and must've gone through some stuff that caused him to act like that. As he drifts to sleep after a few sips from his flask, Y/N opens his eyes and slowly gets out of his bed. Stealthily, he then slowly takes Grimm Slayer, taking it outside, and a few minutes later, he throws it at a nearby lake with all his strength.

Y/N: ("Good riddance.")

The boy then heads back to the Qrow's cabin and to his bed and goes back to sleep with Qrow still asleep, unaware of his Y/N's deed. 

(The Next Morning)

Y/N begins to wake up and the first thing he sees is Qrow walking around with his scroll at hand.

Qrow: "Morning."

Y/N: "What are you doing?"

Qrow: "Finished calling the nearest orphanage to take you in."

Y/N: "An orphanage?"

Qrow: "Yeah. Sorry, but I can't take in a kid, I have other missions and places to be in. Come on, let's go."

Y/N wanted to say something, but he also knows that he's right since they're complete strangers to one another.

Y/N: "A-Alright then..."

(A Little Time Skip

Qrow watches as three staff members apprehend Y/N as the kid looks at the nearby orphans, all bruised up and scared.

Y/N: "What the hell are you looking at, huh?!"

Staff #3: "Qrow! Take this kid with you!"

Not a moment later, the staff members push Y/N onto Qrow as they shut the door in front of them.

Qrow: "Okay... what the hell did you just do?"

Y/N explains that the kids were looking at him weirdly and one thing led to another, he beat them up. Qrow just sighs deeply before loudly say.

Qrow: "You're not supposed to that! Now we're kicked out. Ugh, let's... let's just go back."

Qrow made it back to his run-down home with Y/N following behind. With neither of them saying a word to one another, even when they make it back to the cabin. As Qrow was getting some stuff from the closet, Y/N's eyes widened as he sees Grimm Slayer still there.