only surrender after bloodshed

Start from the beginning

There was certainly silence in some places, some were whispers... there was overall a sense of dread...

Olivine - You are confused, I assume. I can understand, I was also when I first heard of this Era 3. I was a capable scientist, doing my duty. Bringing some use... but then that was gone. Because of your beloved Steven Universe, who gave defects and traitors new chance of life... Well, how does it look like now? Is he still that example of trust that you have admired so much?

Olivine turns off the screen, leaving the people watching in shock and disbelief.

Some were appalled by the images, some were concerned if they were even real...

Some were rather calm about it but still saw what was coming

Star Sapphire - I see nothing but bloodshed ahead. Do you?

Onion looked at her, nodding his head. He agrees.

Nora - What was THAT?!

Connie - I-I don't know.. where is Steven?

Then there came another footage. This time with another person in it, seemingly a human...

"HAHAHAHA Olivine really had a good time showing all this, I hope you all appreciate"

Connie - Otto?!

"Don't worry, I assure you. You have a lot of surprises to come. However, first let me make something clear to the gems... we humans will NEVER truly be your friends. This so called "ball of unity"....We will betray you, we WILL kill you... Not many of you will get out of here alive, much more in pieces... Starting right now."

The footage ends with a lot more questions added on top of everyone's minds...

Suddenly throughout the Palace multiple gas bombs were thrown in heavily populated areas.

Causing huge smoke, and in response panic.

People were running around trying to understand what's happening.

And this all happens as Steven is watching, his celebration call was turning into a madhouse.

He didn't notice but he already left the hall where Connie and the diamonds were in, too scared to look Connie in the eyes...

Too enraged at the diamonds for their abuse of Spinel... like with his mom... They did again. Again.

He then bumped into Jasper who watched him leaving.

Jasper - Where are you going my Diamond? And what is your plan, we can't let that peridot and that human traitor to ruin everything here.

Steven didn't know if he should go back, he definitely didn't feel like it... but now he had two options, either go back and get to the bottom of this, meaning also face them about his condition.. or leave them at this moment with his problems like Pink did...

Part of him wondered now if she also felt just as pathetic, weak and unworthy when she did that...

"Well, well look who we got here. A powerful hero now running to his office..."

The two looked at a familiar gem fusion.

Steven - Bluebird!

Bluebird - Well all the better, thanks to Jasper showing your fight to all those fools was an easy feat. Now let's remove you from office once and for all.

Jamie - Okay this is getting crazier by the minute...

Why would Otto do this? And how is he here after days of absence?