"Did she respond?"

His head lifted, his blue eyes meeting his moms matching ones.

"No-"

He's cut off by the sound of his phone vibrating. His heart races with excitement, assuming that the message he got was from Ryder.

Unfortunately, it was actually from Stiles.

He didn't know how the Stilinski got his number, then again, he didn't know how he got a key to Scott's house.

"Hey, mom? Is it okay if i go out with some friends?"

•••

"What do we do now?"

Scott ran towards Stiles and Austin, "Holy cr—"

"Wha - sorry, I'm sorry. Did you see where he went?"

"I lost him."

Austin frowns, "What? You couldn't catch his scent?"

"I don't think he has one." The McCall shrugs, his face showing pure confusion.

"All right, any clue where he's going?"

"Probably to kill someone. But that's just a thought." Austin raises his hand in defense upon noticing the glare he received from Stiles.

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now. What?" He scoffs, "Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

"Just help me find it." Scott groans.

"Not "it." Jackson."

"It isn't Jackson right now. We don't even know if he knows it's him." The blue eyed teen reminds him.

"You've got to stop hanging out with Ryder, your slick comments aren't needed." Stiles rolls his eyes dramatically at the George teen.

"Did anybody else see him back at your house?"

Scott shrugs, "I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway."

"Yeah, but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?"

Austin's mind went to what Ryder had said. About how the supernatural isn't the same as the real world.

"Maybe it's like an either - or thing. I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? When's the kanima not the kanima?"

"When it's Jackson."

"Uh - guys. See that?"

Scott nods his head, "He's inside."

"I could've told you that." Austin mutters.

"What's he gonna do in there?"

"I know who he's after."

"What, how? How? Did you smell something?"

"Give him a minute to respond." Austin cuts him off.

"I'm starting to regret asking you to come." The Stilinski admits, his eyes boring into the side of Austin's face.

"Well, you did, so get over it."

"Armani."

The three boys walk towards the doors. They soon come to the realization that the doors were locked.

"Aw, come on. All right, maybe there's, like, a, uh - like, a window we could climb through, or some kind of-"

Stiles is cut off by his friend ripping the locks off by hand. Austin wanted to voice how he could have gotten in serious trouble for doing that, but he knew the teen wouldn't care.

"—Handle that we could rip off with supernatural strength. How'd I not think of that one?"

Walking in, Austin grew unexpectedly uncomfortable as he was pulled to the side by a group of guys.

"Dude, everyone in here's a dude. I think we're in a gay club."

"Man, nothing gets past those keen werewolf senses, huh, Scott?"

Austin gulped nervous, "Excuse me."

He tried following Stiles actions and push them off as gently as possible. He didn't have as much luck as he was only pulled into another group.

He feels a hand caress the side of his face, "Hey, are you single?"

"Uhm—no. I-no, i'm sorry." He stammered, looking at the men with wide eyes.

"You—"

"I like women!"