stories.

So, let us first establish the reason for writing this.

Im pissed.

I've ignored it for a while, but i just can't anymore.

You ever see those stories where they mix 3 or 4 worlds? Typical male reader that's OP and abused?

Can't stand that shit.

Let's establish something.

When writing stories, it's a good idea to get a base concept down and expand upon that. An example is how a person changes and develops as a result of being exposed to certain unusual stimuli within a story. Having that as focus is personally quite interesting to me.

This can too apply to fanfiction

For example, a change in the intended timeline.

Let's use a widely known story like Naruto. By now, everyone knows that the nine tails is sealed in naruto. But let's present an alternative.

What if it wasn't?

Its an interesting idea to see how someone would write Naruto becoming hokage without the nine tails, no?

Ideas like those are the fanfictions i like to see.

Ideas I don't like to see, is shit like dragon ball X jujutsu kaisen.

Another rule to writing fanfictions, the concepts have to be at least similar.

Most people in dragon ball have striking strength greater than a planet. Oh yeah, just throw a saiyan into jujutsu kaisen.

I am not joking about that by the way. That's an actual story I saw.

There's no stakes, no actual fear of loss.

Dragon ball is a fighting anime that includes multiple universes. People easily faster than light.

Whereas jujutsu kaisen maxes out at massively hypersonic.

An example of concepts mixing well would be fate and dxd.

I know what's you're gonna say, it's just tits. But I'm talking about the world itself, not just the protagonist. In DXD, all religions exist which is also true in fate.

This allows mixing as you can easily dabble in the established concepts of either side.

All this can make for a thrilling and intriguing story.

As for self inserts, they're fine? I guess.

If anything, I myself prefer to make character constructs. If it is an OC, I much prefer to write a person with at least one aspect of my personality. Like for example, they're irritable.

An important thing is to make a character at least somewhat relatable and likeable.

Take subaru as an example, I fucking hate the guy. I know you're not supposed to like him at the start, but if I don't like him at the start, why read on anymore?

Is he relatable, yes.

Likeable? Not at all.

And that's why I will never re-watch or read Re-zero.

Anyway, bit off track, but the only other thing I want to talk about is presentation.

In terms of presentation, you never want to consistently make large paragraphs. People's attention is fickle.

So it's best to stick to very small paragraphs, max four or five lines. Of course, the occasional extra long paragraphs like seven or eight are fine, but if you make paragraphs that are above 10 lines, no one will read it.

Another important thing in presentation is making scene changes obvious.

_________________________________________

Like a line of underscores.

This is an easy way to separate a scene or switch pov without breaking immersion.

Anyway, see ya