Twisted Fate

After learning about the elements of harmony, Tohru found herself lost in a maze. The only sound was the chuckles of a familiar boy.

"You can run, but you can't hide."

Tohru turned around looking at all ends of the maze. The voice was Haru's. And he was getting closer and closer. She had to run. She didn't knew why but she had to. Running down the path, she found herself short at dead ends. With every turn, the walls would close or twist. Something strange was happening... The hedges transformed into brick walls and the rooms around her twisted, every step she took made the floors below her spin and turn as if she was walking on a moving bridge or on a rollercoaster. She could hear more voices calling for her.

"Tohru!" One yelled from far away.

"Miss Honda!"

Tohru stopped and turns towards the darkness. It was Yuki and Kyo. Was they here to save her? But, where on earth is she? It looks like a apartment... How did she end up here? Then a hand covers her mouth from behind her. Turning her head slightly, her eyes widen to see a possessed zombie-like Shigure and Haru.

Shigure?

"We have got you, fair maiden. No one can save you." He spoke with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Now, give us what we want." Haru stepped towards her with a dreadful stare.

What?

"Your life!" Haru slams into her like a jumpscare that was unexpected to happen. Tohru awoke in fear, screaming. The door opens to find a figure underneath her door frame, she starts to back away on her bed, reaching for her pillow as a weapon.

"Stay back..."

The figure steps forward, holding up his hands as he quickly sat beside her and pulled her close to a embrace.

"It's alright. Miss Honda, it was just a nightmare..." Yuki's soft voice whispered in her ear as she begins to cry. Another figure stood underneath the door frame. Kyo, with his hair messy and spiky stepped towards them. Wanting to hug her. Shigure leaned underneath the door frame, his eyes scan the room and stop at her. "You are safe." Tohru returned the embrace, with tears in her eyes. What was that dream about? Was it a warning or was it a lead? She had to tell Yuki. Yuki could sense something was wrong as he too asked her what had happened.

They wait as Tohru sipped her tea. After awhile of silence, Tohru finally calmed down.

"What happened, Miss Honda?"

Kyo signed. "You don't know? She had a nightmare, you damn rat!"

Tohru nod.

"I had a strange dream..."

Shigure listened while reading the paper. His eyes never met hers.

"What about?" Yuki asked in worry.

"I was lost... In a maze... But then the maze turned into a house. I was inside a weird twisted house... And you guys were there. And Haru was too..."

Shigure's eyes lifted to meet Tohru's. Yuki and Kyo both stood wide eyed, completely shocked at the events of her dream. Recognising the outcome, Shigure placed the paper down and pointed at a old abandoned apartment.

"Yuki, does this remind you of something?"

Yuki scans the paper to find a building that looked too familiar for the naked eye. It was the home which the Somas once lived all those years ago... Tohru glanced down at the papers and gasp.

"That was the same apartment that I saw in my dream!"

They was getting close to a lead.

"Alright. Tonight, we will be investigating the apartment. Hopefully, Haru would be there. And if it's the same as your dream, Miss Honda. We might be able to retrieve the scroll back."