The Scroll

Shigure turned a new page of his newspaper while Yuki sipped his tea. Kyo however was pacing back and forth, worriedly and anxious for Tohru's return. Yuki signed as he eyes Kyo.

"Would you stop with the angry pacing, I can't concentrate."

"IF YOU SO BOTHERED WITH IT, WHY DON'T YOU JUST LEAVE!" Shigure signed as he closed the newspaper and peeked at Kyo and Yuki. "Why did Tohru had to leave? She should have waited till the morning!" They watched him pace again, while running his hands through his hair. "Something is about to go wrong... I can feel it!"

"It sounds like you don't trust, Miss Honda. She'll be back." Yuki said calmly as he took another sip of his tea, until something made him open his eyes wide in fear.

"The sooner, the better!" Kyo rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest staring at Yuki. Yuki's grip loosened making the cup and the liquid drop to the floor. "What is it?" Yuki got up quickly as he heads towards the door. "Hey wait!" Grasping his wrist, Kyo yanked him back.

"It's Miss Honda!"

Fear kicked in as both Kyo and Yuki raced out and down the dark street. Shigure sat in silence, knowing what had happened as he smiled to himself.

As soon as they reached a corner, Yuki and Kyo stopped short to find many people surrounding two people. As if on instinct, both Yuki and Kyo transformed and push their way through. With every touch, Yuki puts the onlookers in a trance, making them black out and forget about what they just saw for a period of time. As they finally reached the middle, they gasp to see Haru dragging poor Tohru while holding what looks like a cloth around her mouth and nose.

"Let her go!"

Haru looked up to see Kyo standing in front of him, growling while Yuki stood beside him looking worried.

"Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in? Himself." Haru's hush voice made Tohru shiver. "And Yuki? What brings you here?" He asked with hate in his eyes.

"Please, let Miss Honda go... She has nothing to do with this..."

"I have to disagree with you there, she is the daughter of the Scripter. Meaning, I do." Haru laughed as he pulled her closer to him.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH HER?!" Kyo asked loudly.

"I want her to rewrite the scroll."

Rewrite the scroll? Does he mean the order?

"You know we forbid it. If you do, then the balance of this world will be broken..." Yuki explained making Tohru even more confused.

"I don't care! I was supposed to be first! But thanks to you," he points at Yuki with so much hate. He begins to spit with every word he said. "Everyone is calling me a fool! You trickery won't work on me, now that I have the girl!"

Kyo growled as he jumped and attacked. Yuki watched as he tried to hold him back... But failed as he swiped around Haru and Tohru leaving a scratch on her cheek. Kyo frozed.

"You idiot..." Yuki signed, making him turn to face him. In that moment, Haru decides for best to leave as he drugs Tohru and carries her with ease away. Turning back again, Kyo and Yuki both swore.

"Look what you did?! They escaped!" Kyo hissed.

"My fault? It was you who decided to fight, then use your head."

"SHUT UP!" Kyo took deep breaths before asking. "What are we going to do now?"

"Princess? Wake up..." A voice calls out making Tohru sign and flatter her eyelashes. "Come now. Wake up." Tohru opened her eyes and glanced around the dark room.