The Guardians

The next day at school, Tohru steps into her first lesson, to find the man before who helped her with a bully. The man himself sat at the desk and started to look through a book. His eyes glanced up to look up at the clock at the far back of the room. He spots her and smiles.

"Oh, if it isn't the fair maiden." He spoke as he closed his book and got up from his seat. Tohru smiled weakily. "How are you? Since I last saw you, you was cornered by that boy. I'm sorry - on his part - for saying mean things to you... I'm afraid that's his nature."

"What was that?"

The man before her flinches slightly. Then he remembered. Panicing, he tries to find the right words. Thankfully, the bell begins to sound cutting their convestation.

"Well, look at the time. It's lesson time." He pat her shoulder and turned towards the chalkboard, writting something on the board as more students rushed in the room. "Quiet please," The man said as he turned and brushed his hands together. As everyone took their seats, Tohru listened to the girls in front of her whispering in shock.

"Wow, is he the new teacher?" one asked. "He looks hot."

"I wonder how old he is?" said another. "Do you think he has a girlfriend?"

"As if," said her friend. "He might have a wife."

Tohru watched as he smirks at their convesation as he clapped his hands twice, getting everyone's attention back in the room. "Now. I am very flattered, but please keep the chitty-chat outside of the classroom." Everyone begins to chuckle as the girls fell silent in embarrassment. "Hello class. As you all know, I am your new teacher. My name is Shigure." The man smiled. "As for today, we are going to be reading a classic book about love, lost and death. It's called 'Romeo and Juliet.'" Everyone moans. "Now. Now. Children. I'm sure you will enjoy it. So, I would like everyone to open to chapter one, and read every sentence one by one."

Everyone did as they was asked as one starts off with the reading, after a few paragraphs, Shigure would call out a name from the register for them to continue. But, as the lesson started Shigure shock his head. "This won't do. How about you pretend to be the characters? Like you were in their shoes. Act it out like a play." The students all rolled their eyes and started to read the story as if it was a play. With emotion, tone and drama in their voices. Tohru glanced up at Shigure, who was trying to hide his smirk behind his book and nodding at the funny tones of each student. He eyes her and winks, making her chuckle at his funny, gentle side. Now literature won't be boring or dull with Shigure here.

Second period arrived quick after Shigure's weird but funny lesson. And Tohru was excited. Every history lesson, she would always see Yuki. And every now and then, when the teacher was ill, he would be the teacher for the day. But, part of her was feeling nervous. She hasn't seen Yuki at school for the past five days. Perhaps, he was ill... or what if he was ignoring her? Tohru reached out and grabbed the handle. Sliding the door, she gasps. Standing before her was Yuki. He turned to face her with a earnest, warm smile.

"Yuki?"

"Hello, Miss Honda. How are you today?"

Tohru rushes up to him, dropping her bag on the floor and giving him a tight embrace. He flinches slightly, but returned the embrace.

"I missed you. Why didn't you replied to any of my messages or calls?" Tohru cried.

"I'm sorry, Miss Honda. My phone must have died. I've been meaning to get a new one anyway." Yuki lied. Tohru nods in understanding, but with a frown. "Anyway, lesson is about to start. If you want, you can sit in my seat."

As the bell starts to ring and everyone got to their seats, the fan girls of Yuki's all started moaning and staring at Tohru. All she could hear was sniggers from behind her. Yuki stood in front of the class with book in hand and scanned the room. Where is that stupid cat? He asked himself. He should be here. And just like telepathy the door slid open to reveal the orange haired boy from before.