They're All Animals P2

What felt like hours of sleeping under the stars, Kyo finally changed back, only completely naked. He could feel someone's head against his chest, making him freeze. There she was, laying her head against his chest with her hand over his body, like she did when he was a cat. Slipping her arm away, he tries to slip out of her embrace, only to wake her in the process.

"Kyo?" Her eyelashes flicker as she sits up and rub her eyes. Kyo stayed silent, hoping she wouldn't see. Judging by her reaction, she saw too much as her face turn bright red, she turned to face a tree letting Kyo have privacy. "I am so sorry..." She could hear the grass rustle from underneath Kyo's feet as he gets up and started to get dress. As the silence got unbearable, Tohru could feel a light hit on her head which made her look up at Kyo.

"I'm done. You can look if you like." He spoke as he stepped towards the pathway to head home. Tohru followed behind quickly as they walked side by side home. As Tohru opened the door to her house, she was greeted by a dog and a rat? Two puddles of familiar clothes sat beside them as they both turned and signed in relief.

"Ah, the fair maiden has returned. Unharmed, we hope." the dog spoke with his cheesy but caring voice. Making Tohru wonder if the dog was Shigure. The rat that looked like Yuki, stepped towards her and glance at the bandage on her leg.

"Miss Honda, what happened?" He asked as he stared at Kyo. "Did you do this, you stupid cat?"

"WHAT?! NO!" Kyo hissed. "She just tripped that's all!"

That's not entirely untrue. Perhaps, it's for the best to say anything...

"Yuki? Why are you a..." Tohru stopped quickly as she tries to find the right words.

"Shigure and I was so worried." He spoke as he looked away embarrassed. "We transform into animals when we are weak, injured or when we worry too much."

I see... Tohru turned to face Kyo who just shrugged. As if reading her mind.

"I don't panic, like this rat." Kyo stepped past them and climbed up the steps. "What I don't understand is why, Shigure transformed two."

"Kyo, I believe Yuki did explain why. Did you not listen?" Shigure asked as a loud bark filled the room. Kyo just ignores him and heads up the stairs.

Tohru just smiled awkwardly as she remembers when Kyo was a cat. Looking down at Yuki and Shigure, they looked weak. "Perhaps, you should go and rest." She said as she helped Yuki on her hand as she climbed up the stairs, with Shigure following behind. As they reached the top floor, they could see Kyo waiting for them, looking angry.

"What the HELL?!"

"Kyo, you waited for us. Good kitty." Shigure smiled as Kyo hissed.

"I was about to head to bed, only..." Kyo turned to face three doors down the hall.

Tohru's shoulders drop slightly as she remembered the problem. She would sometimes have her closest friends over for a sleep over. They would share the same bed in the guest room, but for this situation... it might be a bit hard...

"I'm sorry, I forgotten to mention that I only have two bedrooms..." Tohru begun quietly. "Two of you might, need to share the spare room..."

Yuki reassures them while Kyo's jaw dropped and he started to yell. Shigure however just watched with a smile. His tail begins to sway at the entertainment before him.

"Wait, you said two bedrooms?" Shigure started as he looked at the door at the far end of the hall. "Then, is this another bedroom or the bathroom?" Tohru didn't reply, for she never set foot in the room... not since her parents passed... Kyo opened the door and peeked into the room. Flicking on the lights, she could hear them gasp slightly as they looked around the room. A master bed stood beside a large window. Two cream curtains stood either end of the window, letting the light of the street lamp in. A bedside table stood beside the bed with a single lamp and a picture frame. On the other side by the door was a wardrobe and a desk. All was lefted untouch. Something about it made them sad.

"This... was my parents... room..." Tohru spoke sadly, making each and everyone of the boys turn to face her. Yuki started to pat her thumb, before glaring at Kyo and Shigure. Shigure's ears dropped as he stepped back out and try to close the door, while Kyo just stared down at his feet. Without being asked, he closed the door and face Tohru.

"About this room..." Kyo started as his cat like ears appeared and drop slightly. Tohru quickly replied.

"Yes! I'm sorry... again..." She said as Yuki shock his head trying to comfort her again.

"It's OK, Miss Honda."

"I'm afraid two of you must share the guest room..."

"And what about the other?" Shigure asked as Kyo and Yuki both flinched as they both look at her room.

"I'm not sure... perhaps sleep on the couch?"

Tohru's answer made both Yuki and Kyo sign slightly, perhaps due to relief or perhaps they was hoping for her to say with her. After hearing them both sign, they glance at each other and just like a staring eye contest they stared until Shigure's chuckle made them look away slightly embarrassed. How comes they both had the same thoughts? Was it because they liked Tohru? It was impossible.

"Then, how about Kyo and Yuki share the guest room. I can sleep downstairs on the-"

"NOT A CHANGE!" both Yuki and Kyo yelled, interrupting Shigure's teasing.

"How about you sleep downstairs, you stupid cat."

"WHY ME?! YOU SHOULD, YOU DAMN RAT!"

"Well, I wasn't the one who ran off and got her hurt, now did I?"

"I told you! She tripped!"

"I don't believe that happened. You attacked her."

"I SAID SHUT UP!"

Tohru watched as Kyo hissed and transformed back into the same cat like before. As he hissed what sounded like threating words and swears, he made his way down stairs to get some peace and quiet.

"Well, that's settled then. Shigure and I will be sleeping in the guest room beside yours, Miss Honda." Yuki spoke as Tohru kept her eyes at the stairs.

After putting the boys in bed, she climbed down the steps to the living area to find a curled up orange cat on the couch. Tohru placed down his clothes on the edge of the couch and picked up Yuki's and Shigure's clothes, until Kyo opened his eyes and sat up.

"Hey," He spoke gently. Tohru turned to face him. "I'm... sor..." Tohru waited for him to continue. "You know, about... up there... your parents..."

"It's OK... really..." Tohru nod before realising that he was crying and was shaking. Was he sad or was he cold? "Are you OK?" Kyo looks away, letting the tears fall. "Oh no! Wait there!" Kyo blinked as he glanced up at Tohru. He watched her run around the room, looking for something.

"What are you doing?" He asked. "It's getting late, go to bed." Then, Tohru returned with a blanket in hand. She unfold it and covered Kyo gently, putting the sides under his chin like a pillow for his head to rest on. He blinked. Feeling warm inside like before.

"Good night, Kyo." Tohru smiled down making him turn red and look away.

"Yeah. Whatever..."

As Tohru raced back up the steps with the clothes in hand, Kyo couldn't help but smile at the attention, when his eyes stop at the pile of his clothes, he reached out and touched his clothes. Something about the simple act she does, makes him feel loved. If it was any other girl, they would freak out. Tohru seems more interested and fascinated by their transformations then horrified. She doesn't need to know more... Kyo said to himself as he touched his beaded bracelet on top of his clothes. No. Not the true me...