1.15 chapter fifteen

Start from the beginning

Rufus was softly strumming to a guitar as he hummed along. Amelia always did find it comforting to listen to the man play around with music. He had a good voice, and it made for good background music. Amelia hated silence, due to growing up with parents who literally played music twenty four seven. It had made her put on the tv in the background of her apartment whenever she was alone and studying. The sound made the space feel more welcoming, and in turn lessened the feeling of loneliness.

Dan piped up every now and then with a question to which Amelia always knew the answer to. He had been off his game lately, what with all the upper east side stuff and his blonde it girl of a girlfriend. Fortunately for Dan, Amelia was great at keeping him in check school wise.

"So. . . When's Serena coming over?" Amelia decided to break the silence, finally putting down her textbook.

Dan frowned slightly at the question, jutting away in his notebook. "Eh, she's not. She said she was going to come, then she postponed it some. And then some more. I've made the assumption she's not going to show." He explained.

Amelia messily shoved her hair out of her face and into a bun, putting her pencil behind her ear. "What's got her so busy?" She queried in curiosity.

"Out with a friend, I think." Dan replied.

"Out? The SATs are in a few days, and she's out?" Amelia questioned in surprise. She knew the Van Der Woodson had a history of partying, but according to Dan that was all past her.

"She was suppose to come over so we could study, but I don't know. . ." Dan trailed off at the end. He was obviously a bit upset by having been stood up for their study date, so Amelia decided not to push the subject further.

"Oh, hi Amelia. Didn't know you were here." Jenny stepped out of her room for the first time that night. A bright smile fell on her lips when she spotted the brunette.

Amelia automatically frowned. In a rush, she began showing her belongings into her bag, slinging over her shoulder before making a beeline for the door. "I have to go, see you tomorrow Dan." She called before disappearing out the front door.

The Humphrey siblings shared a look of confusion. "What was that?"

"I have no idea."

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Spotted: Serena Van Der Woodsen,
being given a real life multiple choice question. A: go home and study,
B: get a good night's sleep,
C: call your boyfriend, or
D. . . None of the above.
Hope that wasn't the wrong answer, S.
This test doesn't grade on a curve

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

A bad mood could only get worse by the presence of Nate Archibald. Well, at least for Amelia right now.

She had originally hoped she'd be able to get through the school day unscathed ( unscathed meaning that she wouldn't be unfortunate enough to bump into anyone of the people she was desperate to avoid ), but her dreams were crushed when Nate approached her by her locker. Her dreams were in hindsight unrealistic. They went to the same school, what was the chances he took the hint and actually kept his distance?