1.15 chapter fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEENSAT PREPPY"think i like you best when you're with me and no one else"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
SAT PREPPY
"think i like you best when
you're with me and no one else"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

There are three things we do alone: We are born, we die,
and if we're a high school junior headed for college, we take the SAT.
And while the test is said to measure our best traits,
preparing for it inevitably brings out the worst.
Humility becomes self-doubt
Striving becomes obsession.
Some are driven to self-medication.
While others cling to the security of being part of a group.
And anyone who's used to bending the rules will find themselves breaking them.

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     "I hugely preferred you when you are in that weird good mood of yours."

     "Shut up, and maybe I'll finally become happy again." Amelia snapped sourly, finding Dan's attempt at being funny incredibly annoying.

     The girl in question was currently sprawled across the couch at the Humphrey loft. Books, flashcards and endless stacks of paper was scatted across the living room. The clutter of SAT preparations was driving Dan ever so slightly insane, but he was too deep into studying to fully care. Amelia, who was responsible for the clutter, didn't care. All she wanted to do was to get this studying over with, receiving a good score on her SATs and finally, sleep till summer.

"Okay." Dan smacked shut his textbook, sitting upright on the couch. "Spit it out."

"Spit what out?" Amelia asked, playing dumb.

Dan rolled his eyes at the girl. "You know what."

"I really don't."

"Just tell me what's got you on this horribly grumpy mood." Dan scoffed, eyes scrutinised on the brunette girl. She crossed her arms over her chest in annoyance.

"Your constant nagging." She grumbled in response. "I wasn't in a bad mood, till you asked be about a hundred times why I was in a bad mood. Now I am in a bad mood." Amelia pointed at the Humphrey boy. "Blame yourself."

Dan rolled his eyes for the hundredth time that evening. It was clearly something up her ass, and it was even clearer that she didn't want to talk about it. So, he decided to let it be. Finally.

The remainder of the evening was spent in almost complete silence. Jenny was on strict house arrest after sneaking out the night of her birthday ( oh, and for stealing a ridiculously expensive custom made Valentino dress ). She had locked herself in her own room as some sort of protest against the house arrest, to which Amelia was grateful for. The two hadn't spoken after that gossip girl post that Amelia in a seriously pissy mood. The Hopper girl knew it was unreasonable to hold a grudge against the blonde, but she couldn't help but to harbour annoyance against her. She was hoping space between the two of them would do the trick.