1.8 chapter eight

CHAPTER EIGHTHAPPY GLOOMSDAY"all by my self "˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER EIGHT
HAPPY GLOOMSDAY
"all by my self "
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

According to the catholic church, mortal sin can only be absolved through the sacred act of confession, but it looks like a certain w. a. s. p. princess has recently found herself desperately in need of a little unburdening. And who is the man
upstairs to discriminate?  Speak of the devil, and he doth appear, wearing his trademark scarf. Careful, B. Hell hath no fury like a Chuck Bass scorned.

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

    "I don't know how it's possible, but you eat more than Jenny, Dan and I combined." Rufus chuckled, serving yet another waffle on Amelia's plate. She had officially eaten all of the waffles he had made.

After the whirlwind that his family was, Rufus was happy to have the Hopper girl around to ground them all. He truly appreaciated how the girl pulled Dan out of his bad days with a smile, or how she acted as Jenny's older sister. Suprisingly enough, the girl gave great advice and sometimes could even help Rufus himself when he was in doubt of what to do. Rufus was greatful for the girl's presence at the Humphrey loft.

     Amelia shrugged, shoveling the food into her mouth. "I don't think that because I eat too much, it's you that eat too little." She replied after swallowing down the food.

     "It would explain how you always have that left over energy to bug Dan." Rufus joked.

     At the very moment, the only ones in the Humphrey loft was Amelia and Rufus. Jenny had opted to take a spontaneous trip to Hudson to see her mom, and Dan was spending the morning at some cafe with Serena. Though Amelia was definitely happy that he was happy, the two were kind of sickening. They were that one couple that just didn't care that the pda was overboard, and they completely forgot that they were in public sometimes. Amelia swore she had heard them speaking to one another in baby voices.

     Amelia had expected at least Dan to be at home this morning, which was why she even decided to swing up the loft. Not that she cared about spending quality time with Rufus. She enjoyed his company tremendously, and for the most parts he had stepped in at a paternal figure in her life.

     Suddenly the front door swung open, catching both Rufus and Amelia's attention. Jenny stepped into the loft, a look clouding her face that Amelia was unable to decipher.  "Hey, dad."

     Rufus smiled warmly at his daughter, suprised that the trip to Hudson had been cut this short. "Hi, honey. How was hudson? Your mother must have been kind of surprised to see you."