I winced at the thought of having to convince someone to let us go to this school. It just seemed unlikely that we'd be allowed in.

"Ryan, Ally, don't be nervous. You're both going to do great." Kirsten reassured before walking off.

"So this is school." Ryan remarked in awe, taking in the luxurious school.

"Yep. Registration week is my favorite time of year because your fellow students aren't around to ruin it." Seth told us, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Except that one." He remarked as a kid walked past us.

"You guys have tennis courts and a swimming pool." Ryan said in disbelief.

"I'm guessing you two didn't at your old school." Seth said, looking down at me.

"Um, we had a basketball hoop." I told him.

We walked into the school then and saw Kirsten talking with a group of women, who I assumed were teachers.

"Oh, hey." Kirsten greeted.

"Hi Dr. Tally, Miss Kimberly, how're you guys doing?" Seth greeted, but the women didn't reply.

We walked off then and Seth looked at Ryan and I.

"My mom's more popular than me, that's a little pathetic, I realize. Oh hey, after you two have your meeting, we gotta get your photos taken for the school I.D."

"Oh great, another mugshot." Ryan replied.

"If you must be so cynical." Seth told him.

~~~~

Ryan, Kirsten and I stood outside the dean's office. I shifted nervously and Kirsten noticed.

"Everything's going to be fine, Ally, I promise." She told me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I smiled at her, grateful for the reassurance, but I was still worried.

"It's just, you know, at our old school in Chino, you sort of just showed up. There were no essays or tests." Ryan told her.

"Ryan, Ally, the Harbor school is one of the best private prep schools in the country; if you graduate from here, you can get into any college in the UC system, maybe even an Ivy league."

"I'm not sure Ryan and I are Ivy league type students." I remarked.

"After a year or two here, you will be." Kirsten told us.

"College, huh?" Ryan asked. I was happy we had the option of college now. Before it had seemed so impossible.

Seth walked up to us then, holding a schedule in his hand.

"What did you get?" Kirsten asked him.

"Um, AP history, English, Calculus, Physics, and French 4. Good thing I don't have a life." Seth remarked. I had no idea Seth was so smart. I mean, I knew he was intelligent, but I didn't think every class he had would be an AP one.

It suddenly made me feel insecure. Seth was way too smart to be with someone like me. And that wasn't the only thing. If he knew about my past, what would he say? What if he broke up with me because of it?

"What's wrong? Are you nervous?" Seth asked me.

"Seth, please tell Ryan and Ally how nice Dr. Kim is." Kirsten said.

"Yeah, she's really nice." Seth told us.

Just then, the door to the dean's office opened and Dr. Kim walked out.

"Kirsten, how are you?" Dr. Kim greeted, shaking Kirsten's hand. "Hi, nice to see you."

"Good to see you, Seth always interesting to see you, and you two must be Ryan and Ally." Dr. Kim said, her eyes falling on Ryan and I.