XVI: Calm Before Chaos

Third POV

An eerie silence had befallen the immediate Bakugo household and the acquaintances that associated themselves with him.

Initially, Katsuki was a bit disappointed that his time with Izuku interrupted, only choosing to duly note the fact that the omega was already married.

But that disappointment turned into concern when both Hiro and Izuku weren't at Unidern Artois on Friday, and hadn't called back despite him calling on numerous occasions.

It was only an hour after they had left did Izuku's phone pick up, but it wasn't the sweet voice he'd been craving.

It was Hiroto's.

"You should do yourself a big favor and stop trying to call my whore of a wife."

What's more, Riku was acting weird, but refused to tell Katsuki why or, at least kept trying to brush it off.

Much more or less, Katsuki was still busy with territories and...

"Katsuki!" A feminine voiced called out to him as he and Riku were entering the home after a small work-related outing.

Setsuna Tokage.

"What now, Setsuna?" Katsuki groaned, gently tapping his pup's shoulder to go on inside as he talked to his dam.

Her slender dark green murk eyes glared daggers at him as she adjusted her baby blue wrap dress.

"So what's going on now?" Setsuna imposed, "I've been calling and texting trying to get in contact to work out the schedule for Riku's visitation, but nothing."

His gaze was set on her for a moment, "Do you want to fully explain why your friends came to my home on your behalf were questioning my son and his friend?"

"Could've asked me if you were so damn curious."

Setsuna rolled her eyes, adjusting her matching saddle bag, "I had them come on behalf of my son; you act as though you've never sent that Ashido chick or Kirishima for your own interrogations."

He then walked to the door, brushing his hair back as he looked down to his phone awaiting any update he could get from Izuku's status.

"I'll have Kirishima send you what needs to be done." Katsuki sighed, dismissing her with a wave.

"Do you want to say goodbye to Hiro?"

Setsuna looked at him up and down.

"No, I'm good," She muttered, "But, I'm not going to stop and I know you know that."

Katsuki frowned, still mentally cursing out younger him who impulsively fucked the prettiest thing he saw without checking to see if it was a fluke.

"You care more about getting to me than your own son, how incredibly sad."

Leaving it at that, he entered the home and sighed in exhaustion.

He needed a fucking nap.

He walked passed Jirou who stood idly, awaiting for any order.