XII: Her

XII: Her

Third POV

"Mmm..."Riku voice reverberated in his throat, as his face twitched, "cmon..."

"This is a breeze." Hiro hummed in a sing-song tone.

He then leaned in, urging Riku to do the same.

At the moment, they were engaged in a heated staring contest.

Current score placed Riku with zero and Hiro, the reigning champion, with 8 wins.

Just as sudden as it had started, Riku blinked hard as his poor crimson colored eyes were burning.

Hiro let out a chuckle, placing another dash onto the small notebook he had brought along.

"Care to go for round nine?" Hiro innocently spoke, tossing up his hands.

"Nuh uh," Riku shook his head, placing his his chin onto his hand, with a crazed smirk, "I know what you're up to."

"What exactly am I up to?" Hiro chuckled.

"You chose this game because you were tired of losing to me and my skills." Riku snapped, "admit it, there's no real skill to it, just pure dumb luck."

Hiro shook his head, "No, there is a trick, but if I did tell you I'd only continue to lose from here on out."

"After all, you are gifted."

Hiro rolled his eyes, watching how Riku sucked up his compliment, before folding his arms.

"Tell me!" Riku groaned as he then pounced onto Hiro with laughter erupting from the both of them.

"Okay, okay-!" Hiro broke my spoke in between laughs, "Just empty your mind and disassociate."

"Stare into my eyes, and just don't think about the contest or anything else. Just think about nothing."

"That makes zero sense." Riku huffed, "Are you pulling my leg?"

Hiro shook his head, "My dam taught me how, whenever yknow..."

His eyes darting to the ground as Riku instantly got it.

Perhaps it's because of the now downcasted look on his face, but Riku chose to stop.

"Fine, you can have this, just this one time." Riku sighed in defeat, "Staring contests are the one thing you can successfully beat me at." As he made a gesture of giving up a crown.

Hiro giggled, patting himself on the back, "Yay me!"

Riku tugged up his light blue long sleeve and planted majority of his body and elbow into the ground, "How about arm wrestling?"

Just then, there was a knock at the door.

"Enter." Riku called out, assuming it was one of the helps.

In came a short statured beta woman with short purplish black hair wearing an off white turtleneck dress, overlaid with a simple black sweater.