Ch.1 - CHILDISH INNOCENCE:

Start from the beginning

Heartless bastards...

As much as I wish things could have been different, I cannot deny that I never would have met the girl who completely changed my life.

My childhood friend.

She was like a whirlwind, turning my world upside down, for better and for worse. She'll always hold a special place in my heart, even if I can never forget the pain she caused me.

I'll take us back to that day... The day I met...

...Her.

My then father and his agent sat down at a table in a lively café, surrounded by the chatter of the other patrons. It was a beautiful day, and the sun was shining through the large windows, casting a warm light over their table.

As they sipped their coffee, they discussed the details of Shine Hour's next guest, their voices growing louder as they brainstormed ideas. Little did they know, this simple meeting would set in motion a series of events that would change my life forever.

It doesn't take a big city to know that finding reliable babysitters can be a challenge. Takachiho, being a smaller town, probably didn't have the same kind of resources available to parents in more densely populated areas. Even the most dedicated of parents might struggle to find someone they could trust with their children in that sort of environment.

Without the availability of professional babysitters, Kira had to bring his child with him. And if he couldn't find someone to watch me, it's safe to assume his agent, Marina Tendouji, couldn't either. And with her husband also dealing with his own work responsibilities, she had no choice but to bring her daughter, whom she had been neglecting, along with her.

The café was a short drive away from our home, but my then father wanted to preserve his image as a celebrity and arrive in style. He probably didn't want to waste any time, which is understandable, but I would have preferred a leisurely stroll through our small town with him. After all, a man who cared about his town would take the time to admire its charms rather than rush through it like he was headed to a business meeting.

Kira Kamijiro truly valued the business relationship he shared with his agent, Marina Tendouji, and would always greet her with an enormous smile, grateful for all the connections she afforded him throughout his career.

"Tendouji-saaan~!" He always had to overemphasize it like some wacky game show host.

Marina Tendouji often exuded a demeanor that seemed insincere, particularly when she addressed my father, Kira Kamijiro. It was as if every compliment she offered was an attempt to curry favor rather than a genuine expression of admiration. Her tone and language, while polite, did little to mask what I perceived as a superficial veneer. "Welcome, Kamijiro! How are you feeling today? Congratulations on your last show, it was record breaking, was it not?"

Kira was flattered by this, with a chuckle he said "Absolutely! And you know what? We're not stopping here. We're taking Shine Hour to the next level, and it's all thanks to you!"

It was just the same old song and dance with those two, constantly complimenting each other and stroking each other's egos. To be honest, it got real old fast, and I could have used a nap at that point.

But you know what? I wasn't the only one feeling like something was off about them. I noticed that Marina brought a girl my age with her. The girl looked average with medium brown hair and a girly face, but her expression showed this immense sadness, like her entire world was crashing down. At first, I figured she didn't want to be there, but I couldn't have been more wrong about that.

Next to the café was a playground, and the adults didn't want their kids to disturb their meeting, so...

Yeah, that's about right. Both of us didn't have a say in the matter, we were told to go somewhere else while the adults did their business. As children, we couldn't really do much about it. It's not like we could argue with adults or try to persuade them. We were still innocent and naive, and our voices weren't taken seriously. Our lack of experience and understanding meant that we were expected to adhere to their words without question.