"No!" Sam frowns.

"What? Not like she's yours anymore." Dean says.

"That's still wrong, Dean." Sam says.

"Dean, if you ever read about me having sex with anybody, I will kill you." Miranda sneers, ripping the book out of his hands and whacking him over the head with it.

"Ow!" He cries out.

"Wish these were hardcover." Miranda mutters.

"How come we haven't heard of them before?" Dean asks, walking over to the table and sitting down.

"They're pretty obscure. I mean, almost zero circulation. Uh, started in '05. The publisher put out a couple dozen before going bankrupt. And, uh, the last one -- "No Rest for the Wicked" -- ends with you going to Hell." Sam informs, turning the computer to Dean who sits next to him.

"I reiterate. Fucking insane." Dean says, browsing the website. "Check it out. There's actually fans. There's not many of them, but still. Did you read this?"

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Although for fans, they sure do complain a lot. Listen to this -- Simpatico says "the demon storyline is trite, cliched, and overall craptastic." Yeah, well, screw you, Simpatico. We lived it."

"Yeah. Well, keep on reading. It gets better." Sam says.

"There are Sam girls and Dean girls and-- what's a slash fan?" Dean asks.

"As in... Sam-slash-Dean. Together." Sam says.

"Like, together together? Like you and Miranda together?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

Miranda quietly laughs. The two brothers give her a weird look.

"Sorry, it-- it's completely disgusting, that's why I'm laughing." Miranda says.

"They do know we're brothers, right?" Dean asks.

"Doesn't seem to matter." Sam says.

"Oh, come on. That... that's just sick." Dean says, shutting the laptop. "We got to find this Carver Edlund."

"Yeah, that might not be so easy." Sam says.

"Why not?" Dean asks.

"No tax records, no known address. Looks like "Carver Edlund" is a pen name." Sam says.

"Somebody's gotta know who he is." Dean says.

+++

They're in the house of the books' publisher and are in her office.

"So you published the "Supernatural" books?" Sam asks.

"Yep. Yeah. Gosh. These books... you know, they never really got the attention they deserved. All anybody wants to read anymore is that romance crap. You know-- "Doctor Sexy, M.D."? Please." She scoffs.

"Right. Well, we're hoping that our article can... shine a light on an underappreciated series." Sam says.

"Yeah, yeah, because, you know, if we got a little bit of good press then maybe we could start publishing again." She says.

"No, no, no, no. God, no. I mean, why-- why would you want to do that? You know, it's, uh, such a complete sentence. What with Dean going to Hell and all." Dean says.

"Oh, my God!" The publisher exclaims, sounding emotional. "That was one of my favorite ones, because Dean was so... strong... and sad and brave. And Sam... I mean, the best parts are when they'd cry. You know, like in "No Exit," when Sam snuck off to the bathroom for a few moments to cry at the fear of not getting Miranda back from the H. H. Holmes ghost." Miranda looks at Sam who is staring at the ground. "And in "Home," when Dean had to call John and ask him for help."