Even his usual cool showed a sign of thawing.

"Tsk."

Hearing his father click his tongue with no follow-up, silence then again reigned in a dimly lit room. No one spoke, nor did either of them try to break the silence. Only the occasional groans and rugged breath of Vrylle's voice slicing through the silence sporadically were heard.

It feels like other sounds were specifically blocked.

Everett lightly and quietly sits on the other side of the bed, just at the corner. There was no other chair in the room anyway. Then, just like his father, the young Paladin could only helplessly watch his little sister suffer from the kind of pain he had no idea how severe it feels.

After all, every single person has their own range of tolerance to pain.

As the gloomy atmosphere continued for half an hour, hurried footsteps echoed outside, disrupting the father and son. The reason was that, just from the sound of the footsteps alone, Ezra and Everett knew how important the message the owner of the footsteps needed to deliver was.

Thus, Everett stood up to attend to that person.

Before the person outside could knock on the door, which was a Knight, it swung open.

"What happened? Is there a problem?"

"No... Sir, Vice Captain Rusty is here! He's alive! And he's with some people who might be able to help with the current situation!"

Before Everett could respond, Ezra's urgent voice came from behind him as his father walked urgently towards them. He told Everett that he would attend to Rusty and the people he was with, so Everett should stay by his sister's side and look after her instead.

Knowing perfectly well why his father, who had refused to leave Vrylle's side since she was found, was now willing to leave, Everett understood that his father knew that the possibility of something valuable surfacing would help them gather some relevant information thanks to Rusty's appearance.

With that being the case, the two men hurried away, leaving Everett looking at their backs as they got further away. He closed the door and went back to his little sister, who was now occupying the seat where his father had previously sat.

"...Vy, what should we do to lessen your pain?"

Everett's voice drifted through the air and was soon swallowed by the depressed atmosphere. Even though the room was dimly lit, he did not want to open the curtains and let the natural light penetrate the room. His father had let it be, so he would do the same. As for the dimness of the light, Everett wouldn't do a thing about it either.

Knowing Ezra, he wouldn't let even a tiny detail escape his view or line of sight. So, with the room in its current state, his father must have done something with it.

And yes, just as Everett had thought, Ezra had done something with the room. So even if he left and let Everett look after Vrylle, Ezra was confident that nothing unpleasant would happen while he was gone.

Other than that, he was also confident in Everett's skills. After all, he was his son. Everett's ability to fight an opponent even in a limited space was not something to be taken lightly.

Him, personally training his son once in a while, had its purpose. What he did in the room was for precaution and added security.

While every person who had a close relationship with Vrylle was busy doing what they could possibly do at the moment, Vrylle herself was in an endless darkness. Like a drowning little girl, Vrylle tried her best to grab onto something for support.